10 Minute Breathwork Meditation

Jessie Norris Taylor

Jessie Norris Taylor

Jessie Norris Taylor is Co-Founder and Co-Director of The Mindfulness Center (TMC). She is 200-Hour ERYT certified with Yoga Alliance and for over a decade has studied a number of yoga traditions including Hatha, Iyengar, Vinyasa, and therapeutic yoga. Her studies in mind-body practices include training with YogaHOPE, the Washington Center for Consciousness Studies, the Gestalt Psychotherapy Center of Washington, DC., Reiki Level II Certification and apprenticeship with Dr. Deborah Norris in the clinical and therapeutic applications of mind-body practices. Jessie is one of the head teachers in TMC’s 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training program and has developed and conducted wellness programs for numerous area corporations, hospitals, schools, and government agencies. Jessie recognizes the ability of yoga and meditation to balance and enhance all aspects of our lives and to cultivate optimal wellness of mind, body and spirit.

'10 Minute Breathwork Meditation' has 105 comments

1. January 28, 2016 @ 2:19 pm Carol Rizzolo

Hi Jessie, Thank you for this lovely meditation. I love the image of pouring the water out of a jug to make room for the next breath. A lovely image of breath and water , flowing . The sense of movement is allowed to come in particularly with your pauses. I appreciate the time in the pause. Thanks again!

• June 22, 2017 @ 10:25 am lbsipe

This is the perfect mediation to use during a busy, work day! I actually visualized a jug of water being filled and poured out with my inhalation and exhalation. As a visual learner these images help me with my breathing techniques. I can’t wait to use this at work! Thank you.

• July 15, 2017 @ 10:59 pm lbsipe

This is a great meditation when you are short on time. I loved the visual of filling a jug of water for an inhale and pouring out the jug of water with an exhale. At one point during the counting breaths I felt like my body was floating. My legs and arms were heavy and light at the same time. Thank you for helping me prepare to sleep.

• July 29, 2017 @ 10:26 pm lbsipe

This was a wonderful quick fix to calmness! My body was fully relaxed: loose shoulders, open heart, and heavy legs connecting with the earth. I enjoyed Jessie’s calming voice, and the counting of the breaths. The breath counting kept me in the present moment, thank you for a wonderful practice!

2. January 30, 2016 @ 9:44 am elizabethlazor

This was a nice experience for me. I liked the image of taking an extra sip of air at the end of each breath. I also enjoyed the physicality of this meditation. Bringing the hands together to feel the touch of each fingertip as well as yawning and sighing on the exhale brought a sense of ease and connectedness to my well-being. Thank-you!

3. January 30, 2016 @ 6:52 pm csafos

Thank you for this meditation. I felt my breath expanding during the meditation and loved the idea of taking an extra sip of breath at the end of the inhale and squeezing the breath out at the end of the exhale. I can feel myself breathing deeper now. Very lovely and soothing meditation. Thank you.

• April 4, 2017 @ 11:19 am early.katherine@gmail.com

I agree! I really liked that idea of taking an extra sip of breath at the end of an inhale and squeezing the breath out at the end of the exhale. My neighbor is a yoga and healing breath work teacher. She has been teaching me some twist poses for detoxing the organs and I like using this idea of squeezing out the extra breath/toxins at the end of the exhale!

4. February 7, 2016 @ 3:00 pm CarrieV

This was a pleasant and relaxing meditation. Like Carol, I also enjoyed visualizing the water pitcher pouring in and out with the breath, accompanied by the extra intake of breath at the end of an inhalation and the extra release of the breath at the end of the exhalation. As those who have commented before me have said, taking in that extra “sip of air” and squeezing out that last bit of breath was very calming. This meditation brought me deeper into a state of peace and relaxation. Thank you!

5. February 13, 2016 @ 12:39 pm commander2016

I find myself in the momentum of this session minutes after its completion. Breathwork has become my “go-to” tool when I need to find and re-find flow—the counting technique used just now was very effective. Thank you, Jessie, for an excellent time-out in the middle of a busy day,
    Chris Brenner

6. February 14, 2016 @ 11:20 pm DrEAm

Very relaxing. The extra sip of breath felt like it deepened the connection I needed in the amount of time. Much appreciated. Thank you. Namaste.

7. February 21, 2016 @ 7:28 am lcverdi

I had to listen to this more than once because I had such a knot in my stomach from watching Dr. Pol, the large animal veterinarian on TV. Second time around though, the know released. Thanks Jessie. You’re guiding me to root myself and really soften, helped. Back to the breath and an even in and out. Thank you. Xo

8. March 31, 2016 @ 6:47 am kirstenmiller

Thank you for this. The focus on the breath was simple and grounding. I liked particularly the prompts to increase awareness to the sounds surrounding the meditation (for me it was doves calling and water trickling–lovely…). I also appreciate the noticing of that which was supporting me, the dropping of the shoulders, the softening of the jaw. A grounding and softening exercise. Thank you.

9. October 27, 2016 @ 11:17 am vstickler10

What a great quick meditation session! I will for sure go back to this one to use between overwhelming clients and classes at work. Very east to follow and even an easy breathwork to incorporate anywhere and anytime. I really liked counting the breath in and out and then adding one more count. I will try this with my clients. Excellent!

10. October 31, 2016 @ 3:30 pm vstickler10

Did this after a few rough clients. I like the 2 different activities that I can use. I found that using one method for the duration of the 10 min is more suitable for me.

11. November 28, 2016 @ 6:24 pm amypearl

When I first started my mind would drift. As I listened to her voice my body started to relax and sink into the floor. I feel refreshed. I spent the entire morning running around and needed to go to work. I did not want to start my day off in a space of chaos. I wanted to slow down and this is what I did during the meditation. I feel like my head is clear. My mind is clearer/quieter. I did not have any memories but was in a space where I wanted to let go of past worries and I did when I exhaled. Phrases that I remember that had a significant impact on my practice (Include phrases affecting both any positive or negative experiences.) Taking in a sip of water after taking in a last breath. I felt that I was taking in something positive for my body.

12. November 28, 2016 @ 6:26 pm amypearl

I feel relaxed. My muscles do not feel as tense and my jaw is more relaxed. I am sitting thinking of all the things I need to complete but I am trying not to jump up and start them. My intention is do get my things done but to be in the moment and think and experience the activity. Today I had an active mind and needed to bring myself to my center. No phrases came to mind but the calmness of the practitioners voice is what I remembered. The soothing voice and the calmness.

13. December 4, 2016 @ 9:14 pm amypearl

This meditation focusing on breathe work has been a fantastic experience for me. I feel calm and relaxed as I focus on my breath and learn to become present. My body takes a few minutes to unwind but focusing on inhalation and exhalation allows me to stay in the moment. Cues that remind me to soften my jaw are wonderful. I tend to hold tension in my jaw and grind my teeth so as I engage in the meditation and focus on breathing I begin to let go of the tension in my jaw. After completing this session I feel calm and relaxed. It is a great gift.

14. December 7, 2016 @ 10:35 am Tanya

This is a lovely meditation. One I’ll revisit often. The first breathing exercise described as stretching the breath was a nice image, as we know how wonderful it is to stretch our bodies and have better range of movement. Makes sense that we’d want that with the breath. When we were encouraged to relax into the foundation beneath us, I realized I wasn’t fully relaxed, although I thought I had been. The suggestion to recognize when the mind wanders with ‘Ah, there I go thinking about such and such’ was very nice. I like the way that helped me step back from a thought and have more space around it. I loved the way this meditation gently brought me back to the room and concluded so nicely. The pace was wonderful. I feel calm, relaxed, and ready to continue with my day.

15. December 11, 2016 @ 7:17 pm amypearl

This is an amazing meditation that I often use when I need to slow down during the day and may not have a great amount of time. I find myself engaging in this meditation several times a day on certain days. I was not completely in a meditation state at the beginning of the practice. Jessie’s description of relaxing the jaw and holding the mouth open helps me realize where I am holding my tension. As I began to become aware of my tension I started to focus on my breath and let go and sink into a meditation state. As my mind began to wonder I was reminded to let the thoughts go and refocus on my breath. During the last minutes of the meditation I began to drift into a light sleep. I feel calm at this time and will revisit this practice before I go to bed. My thoughts are more focused and present.

16. December 15, 2016 @ 12:12 pm Tanya

Enjoyed this meditation before heading off to yoga. Sometimes it’s nice to have a shorter meditation. This time the deep breathing at the beginning was a bit difficult for me, then I guess my lungs stretched out. Probably needed that. The idea of letting sounds and thoughts wash over me is so soothing. I’m becoming more aware of letting this happen during my days, even while not in meditation. It’s very powerful. The last time I did this meditation while sitting, this time I laid down. I found it easier to do the breath work this way, although I’m still working on my sitting posture, and have to keep straightening back up. Laying down is more relaxing for me at this time, but I want to become better at sitting. I’m also trying meditation with eyes softened, and eyes closed. Right now eyes closed seems to help me sink into the current moment better. Thank you.

17. December 30, 2016 @ 8:30 pm amypearl

After a long day of hiking and lots of outdoor activity this was a great 10 minute meditation to slow down. Relaxing my facial muscles was a great way to relieve the tension I had from my intense snow hike. I did have an active mind but I kept refocusing on my breath. I feel that I do need a longer meditation session this evening in order to help me relax but my body does feel like it is telling me I need to slow down and engage in a longer session.

18. January 2, 2017 @ 12:03 pm Tanya

I enjoyed this meditation again today. Jessie’s voice is so soothing. I always learn or relearn something each time I revisit a meditation. I love the phrase, “Ah, that’s me thinking about ‘such and such.” It reminds me to use this during the day. Also to let everything was over me. I tend to be in quick-reaction mode, and I want to use this ‘washing over me’ idea during the day to slow down and respond instead of react. The touching the fingertips at the conclusion – so many sensations – wonderful, tingly sensations that I miss most of the time because I’m not paying attention. I want to miss less and less as I continue practicing. Still working on my sitting posture. Thank you!

19. January 8, 2017 @ 10:42 am Tanya

With company arriving this morning, I wanted meditate to begin in a good place. As soon as Jessie started the first breathing technique, I could tell my breath had been shallow. My breath quickly became deeper, and I know that it’ll be good for me to do deeper breathing over the next couple days, even if I can’t get a meditation in. I loved the image of the earth holding me, found it comforting. I found myself saying ‘right now’ to keep myself in the present and not get lost in thoughts. With my eyes closed, I saw multi-colored stars swirling around. This has happened since I was a child. Not sure what it means. 🙂 The movement of my fingers and feet being an extension of my energy struck me today, very interesting, something to ponder. This was just what I needed this morning. Thank you.

20. January 9, 2017 @ 11:55 am moonjoy

Nice meditation to get me back on track in this new year. Breath work has always been helpful for me, especially counting, and I liked the “filled to the brim” water imagery. I feel more focused and spacious in 10quick minutes.

21. January 14, 2017 @ 9:33 pm amypearl

As I complete this meditation I realize how distracted I was tonight. My mind was kept thinking of all the responsibilities I have for tomorrow. I had to spend a lot of time refocusing back on my breath. This is my go to meditation when i do not have a great amount of time. I did enjoy the breathing at the beginning of the session. I kept thinking of a huge jug of water and filling it. I also kept thinking of the breath rushing into my bronchinals and alveolus and filling then with nutrient dense oxygen. I will need to repeat this meditation before bed because I was not able to reach the state of relaxation that I had wanted to.

22. January 15, 2017 @ 5:28 pm Gunilla

This is powerful meditation. Putting us on the core of meditation- breathing. To count the breath in, hold and count the same number of breath out is so relaxing. How many of these breath can we do? Exhausting and evigorating.

23. January 17, 2017 @ 4:13 pm Moira

I loved this meditation… I feel peaceful, calm and alert. My heart feels calm and yet expansive, beating rhythmically and evenly. I have a smile on my face that was not there at the beginning of this practice. I feel grounded and in my body – aware of the physical sensations as I gently move my body with ease. I am thinking thoughts but they are fleeting and nothing seems to be intruding on my sense of calm.

I loved the idea of sipping extra air and likening the breathing in like filling a jug and breathing out to slowly pouring out the jug. I also like the way Jessie suggested the release of each process before getting into another description or detail.

24. January 20, 2017 @ 4:35 pm Tanya

I’m sitting here very grateful for how relaxed I am after this 10-minute meditation. What a difference 10 minutes can make. At the beginning, I was reminded of how effortless the breath is. I found myself grateful for the breath that comes and goes without me thinking about it most of the time. There is effort in the breathing exercises, but the effort pays off in almost instant relaxation in the body. By the time the meditation was wrapping up, my body was so relaxed that my hands felt very heavy and I noticed a tingling sensation in my feet. Thank you.

25. January 25, 2017 @ 12:44 pm Tanya

I came to this meditation today seeking the breath work after releasing some negativity in my life, while also trying to offer kind wishes with the release, instead of more negativity. I found myself concentrating on the breath work so hard that when we were invited to sink deeper into relaxation, I realized my body wasn’t relaxed. 🙂 The reminder to name thoughts, to be able to step outside them, is so helpful. More and more during the day I’m able to step away from my thoughts, or at least recognize that I’m making up a story about something, and step back. This is so powerful. Especially with my two teenage girls! Knowing that each moment is new is exciting. Makes me not want to waste any. Thank you.

26. January 25, 2017 @ 8:06 pm amypearl

I love coming to this meditation when I want a short session that will ground me. When I first started the meditation my head was racing with thoughts and as I listened to Jesse’s voice I started to relax. I love being cued to fill my lungs with air. I envision the oxygen traveling to all the tissues in my body and providing them with life. By the end of the meditation I was sleepy and dozed off but woke. This is a great was to refocus and take some time for myself.

27. February 3, 2017 @ 4:32 pm Moira

This is the perfect meditation for when I don’t have a lot of time for a practice… I feel calm and nourished – relaxed and peaceful… I’ve been feeling very driven and stressed of late so it was a wonderful gift to take this short time just for me to let everything melt away. My mind is calm and peaceful, I know there is still a lot of work for me to do but I feel capable when I am this relaxed. I am feeling also – a smile, a sense of lightness that was not there prior to this practice.

28. February 10, 2017 @ 5:51 pm Marselis15

I felt a sense of relaxation. I feel more in tuned with my breath and ease in which it comes. It is like receiving a gift that i already had. Physical sensations- I could feel the flow of breath in
    my stomach contracting during the exhale, chest rising and lowering . The momentum of my mind, soft clouds and waves of ease. My heart feels happy and gladness. Stomach- I had awareness that deepening the breath caused more relaxation. I will definitely include this breath work practice in daily practice and throughout the day. My mind was quiet.

29. February 10, 2017 @ 6:06 pm Marselis15

During this mediation I found it easier to relax my mind . I became still. The deeper I began to breathe ; my realization of relaxation increased. I was very aware. Being aware of the physical shift as my body met with the support of the earth. The awareness, helped me to feel grounded. The phrase ; ‘ of thinking about my breath as filling jugs with water to the brim and then emptying them by squeezing out every drop, tightening the stomach’was powerful.

30. February 12, 2017 @ 1:54 pm Moira

I love this short meditation – it allowed my to deeply relax and really check in with my body and my mind. I love the taking an extra sip of air as well as the counting the breath process. I am left with a deeply relaxed body, a smile on my face and my mind is calm. Thanks so much Jessie.

31. February 20, 2017 @ 1:05 pm Moira

I felt myself be carried into a wonderful sense of peace and calmness as I did the counting of my breath and came back to that any time I noticed a thought coming up. I also appreciated the suggestion of just noticing when a thought came up – the idea of noting “ah there I’m thinking of _____” – it seemed to make it easy to not engage, just witness and be. Thanks.

32. February 21, 2017 @ 12:06 am Marselis15

10 min Breath work: I was aware that I already had a build up of tension in my shoulders and stomach . I meditated in the a.m. My mind was a little busier than usual. I became aware of my mind’s busyness then I sat with it, and allowed my body to give insight to the thoughts as the arose.
    The breath work really helped me to become aware of my sensations, my brain, mind, stomach, shoulders and tingling in feet. I now feel refreshed. A memorable experience : just the sense of relaxation and a sense of clarity. Like allowing
    muddy water to settle and clear. A memorable phrase ‘ yet another exploration of your awareness an extension of your energy.Jones

33. February 21, 2017 @ 2:20 pm Amy Balentine

I felt relaxed after the session. I enjoyed the imagery of filling and emptying jugs of water and I breathed in and out. Counting my breath was a helpful way to stay with my body.

34. February 24, 2017 @ 5:48 pm Tammy Neighbors

I enjoyed the meditation very much. It was a quick way to reconnect after a stressful day at work. I liked the extra breath at the end of the inhale and exhale. Afterwards I felt very relaxed, energized and ready to take on some daily housework.

35. February 28, 2017 @ 8:14 pm amypearl

I feel my body’s weight as I here on the surface. As I listened to the meditation my limbs started to surrender to relaxation. My mind is calm and clear. My day has ended and this meditation has helped me relax and slow down. I am thankful for this time and quietness.

36. March 2, 2017 @ 11:51 am moonjoy

I have been slow to get started on this, not maintaining as frequent of a practice as I would like. But this is 2 days in a row and my new goal is at least 5 days per week of meditation. I felt motivated and accomplished once done with this breath work. My mind was busy but the breath work allowed me to increase focus and feel less tight, more expanse within my lungs and chest area. Feeling settled as soon as I focused on my breath. Feeling distracted as soon as I let go of my breath. More work to do! Counting breaths was helpful and I enjoyed the deepening that it encouraged.

37. March 3, 2017 @ 6:19 pm hmast1

3 Mar 2017 – This is a wonderful midday practice! I was feeling a little out of sorts and within just these few minutes I was able to bring everything back into a sharper focus. I feel refreshed as if just taking a short nap and also feel more grounded with the earth’s energy. It feels very much like the breath work re-aligned both my physical and mental functions. There were no significant memories just a wonderful quiet focus on my breath. I appreciated the several moments of quiet between the guidance words. With this type of short practice, for me personally the longer periods of quiet with abbreviated guidance assists me in achieving deeper results in the short time frame.

38. March 8, 2017 @ 10:40 am moonjoy

This is first thing in the morning, and although I feel rushed to start my day, after this 10 min, my body feels more Wide and expansive. I began to feel immediately focused as I concentrated on my breath. I was a bit distracted when I let go of my breath or tried to count (a technique that I typically enjoy) but deeper breathing assisted my focus. I very much enjoyed the idea of stretching out my breath like a muscle, and the end where the ground is supporting me. That felt loving and comfortable.

39. March 10, 2017 @ 5:50 pm pjois

It’s been a long time since i counted the length of my breaths, so this was a good reminder! It was a good relaxation for the body. The focus on the flow of breath is extremely soothing and energizing.

40. March 11, 2017 @ 12:34 am madoyle

MMTT J; Jan. 28, 2017
    Jesse introduced a few new guidance phrases in this session and I may need to listen again to become more aware of them as practices. My mind is aware of using counting as a kind of measure of inhales and exhales. As I transition out from the session my body is relaxed, my shoulders have melted down my back and my shoulders are still relaxed. I am transitioning with a full deep cleansing breath and counting to have my inbreath and exhale match in terms of count. This will take practice as I sense I am hurrying a little on one or the other trying to have my counting match the phase of my breathing. For now, I am relaxing my breathing to transition from the session and I’ll try the technique of adding counts to lengthen the inbreath and exhale when I next work with this guided meditation.

41. March 11, 2017 @ 12:40 am madoyle

MMTT J; Jan.29, 2017
    This time I was able to complete the cleansing breaths and incorporate the technique of matching the inhale count to the exhale count. After a few cycles I could feel my breathing relax and I am able now to transition from the session without feeling a bit challenged to match the counts and add counts to each phase. My hips remained supported and I can still feel that my legs and arms and shoulders are relaxed, melted away from my ears but with my back comfortably erect. My toes and fingers awakened movement back to my core as I transitioned from the dim light of the meditation session to the bright lights of the room now.

42. March 15, 2017 @ 11:42 am pjois

This time while counting, i substituted the numbers with my mantra. It feels like an alternate life, one i would much rather continue to be in. The mind is so calm, so peaceful, so content, so quiet.
    Just doing what needs to be done without thoughts filling my mind. i am aware of even my little actions, however insignificant they are. yet, these actions are not crowding my mind or telling me what to do next.

43. March 17, 2017 @ 6:50 pm Noreen

My shoulders are looser and I feel grounded in my seat, sitting in it more comfortably than before. I feel less mentally distracted than I did before the meditation. I did, at one point, use one of the phrases mentioned in the meditation to help release a thought that was distracting me. Specifically, the counting during breaths continued in my head while the meditation had moved on to physical instruction. This caused a short bit of internal mental conflict for me, until I recalled the earlier instruction to “release this technique” and released the counting allowing me to focus again on the words being said.
    I also appreciated the description of squeezing the abdominals “like a sponge” to release a lot of air. I am doing yoga work in which they give instruction to contract abdominals and I found the sponge analogy to be particularly helpful in HOW to do this. The meditation was quite enjoyable.

44. March 18, 2017 @ 3:49 pm Amy Balentine

I found the counting technique to be a good way to slow my breath. Very quickly I fell into a deeply relaxed state.

45. March 20, 2017 @ 2:08 pm hmast1

I came back to this practice again to use as a midday “check-in”. I was not disappointed in the results. Once again, this practice served in clearing my mind and allowing me to feel refreshed and ready to take on my afternoon tasks. I can feel the humming of energy that the practice brought to me throughout my body and head. I’m more aware now of my heartbeat as well.

46. March 22, 2017 @ 11:29 pm Aliciaj80

I liked this meditation a lot. Thoughts did drift into my mind but I would focus on counting my breath to clear the thoughts. I liked “attach a count to your breath” and “Bring your hands together and feel the sensation of your skin”. Nice, short meditation.

47. March 27, 2017 @ 12:58 pm hmast1

This is my third time with this practice around lunch time because I enjoy it that much! It really feels like the perfect amount of time to check in with yourself and help to relieve any morning stress that has built up and to prepare you for afternoon tasks. Today I was slightly distracted by noises around me but I found that I was able to quickly return my focus to my breathing by using Jessie’s tip on counting the breath. I wasn’t feeling particularly stressed as my practice this morning stayed with me but I could feel this afternoon practice cement those feelings of being both grounded and open.

48. March 27, 2017 @ 8:15 pm amypearl

This is my go to meditation because I have limited time during my days. This was a perfect way for me to unwind and focus on myself. I feel that I can stop and be calm. I am able to give myself permission to stop working for the night an focus on the now. I love when I am asked to let go of the tension in my shoulders. I can feel it melt away. Being reminded that it is OK for my mind to drift and that I can come back to my breath helps me refocus. I am now present for the evening.

49. March 28, 2017 @ 11:26 am Aliciaj80

This was a nice meditation to start my day. I really liked thinking of pouring the water out of the jug slowly, all the way to the last drop on the exhale and taking in one more sip of air on the inhale. I also like the pause so we just had time to breathe. Thanks!

50. March 28, 2017 @ 9:56 pm sindyyogini1010

I loved this meditation. My practice is to meditate with a mantra and this was the first time in years I meditated without a mantra. I liked the simplicity of the focus on breath and body. I cue this way when I teach yoga a lot.

51. March 29, 2017 @ 8:26 pm pjois

This is wonderful way to relax quickly. just focusing on the breath and nothing else. The deeper and slower the flow of breath, the more relaxing it is. The fact that i was counting kept my focus firmly on the breath and its flow.

52. March 30, 2017 @ 12:26 pm shannonstutz

M7 — I love breathwork! Nothing brings me home to myself quite like focused breathing. I loved watching my breath, controlling my breath, and then letting go completely of that control. That feels freeing. My head felt lifted and my body felt grounded. Steady mental momentum. I become very aware of where I was holding my breath and I was inspired to relax there. I liked the phrases “exploration of awareness” and “extension of your energy”. I loved the feeling of empowerment and ownership with words like “your” – it helped connect me to myself.

53. March 31, 2017 @ 10:13 am pjois

I began my morning with this and it feels wonderful. I absolutely love the focus on breath and nothing else. My body feels light and completely relaxed. I used my mantra instead of numbers, and the long breaths simple seemed to flow. I continued the practice even after the recording.

54. March 31, 2017 @ 11:37 am moonjoy

I needed a quick meditation this morning and tried this one. The counting was helpful in focusing on my breath, and I enjoyed the idea of my body melting/sinking into my chair. Breath is always the quickest connector to a still mind for me, and this meditation is helpful for that. I like tracking the movement of my breaths. I found myself to be more distracted than usual, so I am going to try another meditation to see if there may be a difference.

55. March 31, 2017 @ 1:11 pm Luvabull81

This was a great way for me to end my day. I had a long day so I feel that this allowed me to decompress quickly. I felt my body surrender to the idea of using my breath to bring some level of mindfulness to my mind. At the same time, while I was sitting upright I felt the breath reach from my tailbone to the top of my head. The experience was very positive and upbeat. My heart had been racing and now it feels normal and because it is late and I have not eaten for a few hours, my stomach feels calm and relaxed. I am surprisingly stimulated but feel as though sleep will be easier.

I found that my mind was generally active throughout my practice; sometimes busy and sometimes clear/quiet; quiet because I mostly or occasionally fell asleep

Significant memories of my experiences during the practice – I remember the feeling of tensing a muscle per the suggestion and that upon the release how much deeper the release felt as opposed to just attempting to relax my muscle.

Phrases that I remember that had a significant impact on my practice: I remember the phrase “fill up to the brim” which gave me permission to take a deep breath and the following suggestion to empty out completely allowed me to deepen my breath. The tools of adding a count to my breath and to think about thoughts “oh that’s just me thinking about . . .” was a refreshing way to move on in my meditation.

I liked how the meditation ended with the suggestions for bringing movement back into my body by touching my hands together and reaching my arms upwards. My breath deepened with each suggestion.

56. March 31, 2017 @ 1:33 pm hmast1

I was a feeling a little ‘off’ today so I figured this short practice around my lunch time would once again be beneficial. Even minor changes such as slowing down and deepening my breaths always has a positive effect for me. Feeling a little more back to my normal self (as normal as I get anyway 🙂 ) I hope to be able to keep that with me for the rest of my day.

57. April 1, 2017 @ 8:07 am Stephlewis

This is a great meditation for any time of the day. and is a good way to start the day or escape mid-day from the craziness of it all. Doing this mediation first thing in the morning will set a nice tone for how to flow my day – calm and grounded. My mind was pretty quiet; at one point it wondered afar but I was able to bring it right back to the meditation and mostly keep it there. The analogy between breathing and liquid was great. I particularly loved the invitation to take one more sip of air. I also really liked the fold out of the meditation at the end. I’m not a cat person but it made me think of one the slow movement of a cat coming out of a nap, the deep stretch, the taking in of the environment…

58. April 1, 2017 @ 5:05 pm moonjoy

I feel ready and full of energy. I remember feeling immediately ready for meditation, with no “warm-up”, possibly because I practiced yoga prior to this, or maybe because I’ve been more regular with my practice lately. I really enjoyed the idea of breathing again normally after stretching out my breath. I felt that very clearly.

59. April 2, 2017 @ 2:53 pm Toni Needel

First time listening to this meditation. Definitely liked it a lot. Short, but grounding. I do use equal ratio breathing in my personal home practice and I find that it works very well for me. It brings me right down. She guided us through it very nicely. I also liked the part about “squeezing out” more air.

60. April 2, 2017 @ 5:12 pm knighl

Using the practice of counting on the inhale and matching that count on the exhale really opened my lungs and allowed my breath to flow. By the end of tge meditation I felt complete peace. Thank you!

61. April 2, 2017 @ 7:11 pm sindyyogini1010

I just listened to this meditation for a second time. I LOVE the focus on the breath – it’s very much a yoga experience (I am a yoga teacher). This felt grounding and light at the same time. My shoulders felt relaxed, my heart lifted, my spine long. And I really enjoyed her voice. Very calming and soothing. This also went by very fast,

62. April 3, 2017 @ 9:25 am Amy Balentine

I was able to slow and regulate my breath easily with this practice. My mind drifted off a few times, but I was able to bring it back to the breath.

63. April 3, 2017 @ 1:21 pm hmast1

I believe using this practice at lunch time is quickly becoming a habit for me and I am absolutely ok with that! As it was this morning, my mind was still quite a bit busier than normal but if I’ve learned anything from my practice it’s to let it happen as it will. Because my mind was busier I really didn’t notice anything physically or emotionally. It was nice to just let everything be quiet, or not, for a few minutes during my day.

64. April 4, 2017 @ 7:10 am knighl

Good Morning! Breathwork is the easiest way for me to get focused and at peace. The exercise of using your minds third eye also helped me explore visualization which another of my favorite practices. Thank you Jesses!

65. April 7, 2017 @ 9:53 am hmast1

This morning I needed a quick practice to help prepare me for a very busy day. Even with having a million things running through my head, I was able to quiet down, focus on my breathing and go into a deeper meditation state. Immediately after finishing the practice I was feeling very grounded with a keen awareness of both my breathing pattern and how clear my mind was. I’m hoping to use this practice a couple of more times today and see what kind of results I get doing say four short practices vs. one or two longer ones.

66. April 9, 2017 @ 7:09 am Stephlewis

This is a perfect meditation for the morning when you’re really short on time. My mind was quiet most of the way through though at the end I got distracted by thoughts of the upcoming day. Next time if that happens I will go back to counting the breaths. The reference to the jog of water breathing in like you’re filling it up and breathing out like you’re pouring the water out of the jug slowly was effective for me. It’s a really great way to lead to deep breathing when someone needs to slow down. I don’t think my body was particularly tense but welcomed the idea of sinking more deeply into the chair. Helped it to relax more.

67. April 9, 2017 @ 10:15 am shannonstutz

M12 – Life – Calm – Recentered. Everything feels soft and open. I feel easy in the face of change and the unknown. It felt very easy to let go today. I really felt the flow of life energy and air flow through my body. I liked the phrase relating to exhaling – “squeezing water from a sponge”.

68. April 9, 2017 @ 10:31 am shannonstutz

M14 – I was able to react with ease when one of my dogs started hard core whining as I started this meditation. In the past, I might have reacted with frustration, but now I just see them as the best mindfulness teachers – no matter what happens, it’s ok. The dog is whining and distracting me – it’s ok to accept that and allow it just to be without fighting it. “Take a step outside of the thought my noticing it” – profound!

69. April 9, 2017 @ 10:50 pm Amy Balentine

It was a helpful practice for slowing me down and centering me at the beginning of my day. This was very grounding.

70. April 11, 2017 @ 10:24 pm Stephlewis

After a long day in front of the computer this was a pleasant meditation to end the day. My mind was too busy to take it all in consciously but I like the way it focuses on different senses and encourages you to let the “sound wash over you like the breath” in each moment. This meditation is relaxing any time of the day.

71. April 13, 2017 @ 4:25 pm sindyyogini1010

I listened to this meditation right after participating in a call with Dr. Norris and Aurora about stress management and skillful response. Because the science of how the body reacts to stress and how we counter that with mindfulness was so fresh in my mind, I felt very engaged in this meditation, like I understood every instruction/invitation and the purpose for it. I felt very present and peaceful and blissful.

72. April 15, 2017 @ 4:58 pm amypearl

I just listened to this meditation after a very month at work. I finally stopped to take enough time for myself and can not believe how needed this was. I instantly feel into a deep relaxation. The calmness of her voice was soothing and allowed me to unwind. I focused on taking in deep breathes to fill my lungs and I love the cue to squeeze out the last breath to fill be able to fill my lungs again. By the end of the meditation I realized how tired I have been. I know that my body and mind will benefit from listening to an other meditation today.

73. April 16, 2017 @ 8:59 am Tammy Neighbors

I liked the airway stretch. I could tell what a difference it made in my breathing. The counting each inhale and exhale to the same number helped bring every breath into a good rhythm.

74. April 17, 2017 @ 12:17 pm LauriRandall@yahoo.com

Feeling sleepy. Tired today so stayed in the meditative state even after the session finished because I felt I needed to go more deeply into the practice than the 10 minutes allowed..
    Because I am newer to guided meditation, today’s practice moved around a bit more than I am used to. This would be perfect for a day when I need to center more quickly because it invites the listener to engage with the whole body in a short period of time.
    I enjoyed the visual of  “Breathing in as if filling a jug to the brim and breathing out every last drop”
    Thank you Jessie!

75. April 17, 2017 @ 7:46 pm Stephlewis

I was really attentive to this listen. There is a quite lot packed into these 10 minutes. My body felt increasingly calm as the meditation progressed. The tone, pace, and rhythm of the meditation is calming. I really liked the invitation to notice each aspect of the breath as if eating our favorite food.

76. April 18, 2017 @ 8:39 am Toni Needel

I did this one as my morning meditation before work today. It was a very nice way to start the day. Breathing is always good for me to ground me and help me focus.. I really liked the squeezing the sponge part. (maybe because I had just done the breakfast dishes?) I was also very aware when she guided us to notice the difference between the breath after the first exercise. Thanks

77. April 19, 2017 @ 9:31 pm Aliciaj80

I really like this short meditation. I love using water and breath to clear my mind and this uses the image of both. I have started meditating twice a day and really look forward to the time so I wasn’t sure if 10-minutes would be enough time for me. But I really like Jesse’s voice and words, this was perfect for me today. Thanks!

78. April 20, 2017 @ 7:43 pm moonjoy

I feel clear and focused. My body feels more confident and motivated. I clearly felt the idea of sound washing over me as my breath was washing through me. I have street sounds but they were muted while I was practicing. I felt the breaths were cleansing. I remember liking the phrase about the earth underneath me holding me. And drinking in air like water, pouring it out of my lungs like water. I also remember a phrase about allowing my shoulders to drop from my ears. Feeling good to use this short practice as I dive back into the program after a week-long break.

79. April 23, 2017 @ 4:20 pm shannonstutz

M25 – I love doing this meditation in the morning before work. I find it just resets my body and mind and allows me to start the day off right. I feel as though tuning into the breath is such a simple, direct way to the present moment. I can’t breathe a breath from yesterday, nor a breath from tomorrow, even thought my mind may be in those spaces. When I sync up my mind to my breath, here I am, right now. Such a simply yet powerful tool to bring mindfulness and space into my body.

80. April 24, 2017 @ 1:58 pm amypearl

Feel refreshed. At work and need to take a minute during my lunch break. My head is clearer and more focused. Have time and I am going to listen to an other short meditation.

81. April 24, 2017 @ 3:57 pm early.katherine@gmail.com

This was a much needed breath break in the middle of a hectic, depleting day. I loved that idea of engaging the abs to squeeze out the last bit of breath, making room for fresh oxygen to come in. I also loved the experience of bring my hands together to touch towards then end. I found myself sad when the 10 minutes was up because I didn’t want to come out of the meditation and return to my day. I will carry the calm with me!

82. April 26, 2017 @ 10:47 am Aliciaj80

I love this short meditation for a quick reset. I am a big fan of breathwork. I really like the images of pouring the water out of a jug to make room for the breath and also sipping in more air. Very nice feeling to go along with clearing the body with breath. Thanks!

83. April 30, 2017 @ 5:59 pm shannonstutz

M29 – This meditation provided the perfect break from work. I was able to re-center myself and return to work with a much clearer head and lighter feeling in my body. I felt less weighed down and more able to perform effectively.

84. April 30, 2017 @ 6:01 pm shannonstutz

M30 – I listened to this meditation during my commute. I found it to be a good experience. I was able to use the time in the car for a more peaceful purpose. My body and mind feel more even and relaxed. I don’t feel tension in my shoulders – I feel a relaxed ease in body and breath.

85. May 2, 2017 @ 3:50 am Tammy Neighbors

I like the way this meditation helps remind me of the basics of breathing. I have had a few days of struggling in my practice to relax this meditation helped me to remember how important easy structured breathing is for meditation.

86. May 4, 2017 @ 5:00 am Tammy Neighbors

As I listen to this meditation today, I had a thought that was very profound to me. Listening to these guided meditations isn’t to learn what words to say but about helping someone begin their practice by using my experience. This gave me a sense of calmness about moving toward the second phase of my course. I am filled with a peace and purpose.

87. May 8, 2017 @ 4:12 pm early.katherine@gmail.com

I love the imagery she uses of the jar of water spilling out. On my inhale I filled the jar and with my exhale, I released / poured out every.last.drop. I find myself using this technique through out the day. It’s easy to do while driving, working, sitting, standing, etc.

88. May 8, 2017 @ 4:17 pm early.katherine@gmail.com

I did this meditation twice in one day. The second time I really focused on my inhale bringing fresh, cleansing breath, and my exhale squeezing out all the toxins. I had been feeling a lot of toxic anxiety in my stomach that I needed to release and this meditation was perfect. My body felt clearer, lighter, cleaner, and more focused. Thank you.

89. May 24, 2017 @ 11:15 am dwellis

I LOVE this meditation. I honestly would be so ready for each suggestion you made. Whether it be deep inhalation, counting the breath, feeling the seat, I almost anticipated your instruction. I felt so in tuned with your every word. Thank you!

90. June 7, 2017 @ 3:10 pm Brad Reed

Very nice meditation to collect yourself mid-day when time is tight. Very effective, soothing and easy to follow. I noticed my inhalation was deeper than normal and my whole body was more relaxed as I did it lying down. I have repeated this one a few times.

91. June 13, 2017 @ 4:39 pm AngieMack

I liked that this is a 10 minute exercise. I will come back to this often so I can use it for days where I am needing practice in the middle of the day, but may not have time for a longer session. After this practice I felt that I was able to watch my breath more closely. I liked that part when she said to count the inhale and then do the same count for the exhale. It was the first time I realized that I did not exhale as long as I inhaled. This was nice to know and I was able to be more consistent with my breathing. After today’s initial practice, I tried it again later in the day before I wrote my post without the guided mediation and was able to count my inhales and exhales and found that I was able to relax more. My mind felt very clear after each practice and I with realizing that breathing more consistently during my practice, I was able to feel the deepness of each inhale and exhale. I found that my mind was mostly quiet and very focused. The most significant memory was counting my inhales and matching them to my exhales. I liked the analogy at towards the beginning when she stated that each breath is like biting into your favorite food. That made me hold onto my breath a little longer with that thought!

92. June 17, 2017 @ 11:08 am Kathleen

I very much enjoyed this meditation as I feel I’ve been experiencing some trouble connecting with my breath. From the start, I felt myself being guiding inward and experiencing what it means to tap into the breath in order to use it to come to a relaxed state. I also enjoyed the metaphor of filling up a water jug and slowly pouring it out. As a visual person, I find focusing on images like that deepen my experience.

93. June 22, 2017 @ 11:57 am LauriRandall@yahoo.com

I’m feeling a sense of calm and hopefulness. My body feels less vulnerable and more ready for whatever the day may bring.

I felt surprise that my breaths, although they felt like the were as deep as they could get, continued to get deeper as I did the practice of counting my breaths. It was satisfying to be able to actually see the effect that this breath work was having on my body.

I like the idea of engaging my abs to release the last bits of breath like the wring of a sponge to release the last drops of water. I also liked the idea of the last bit of inhalation being like an extra sip of water.
    The stretch at the end of this practice was especially nice and felt like the period on the end of a really beautiful sentence.

94. June 24, 2017 @ 7:33 pm vkashyap1971

I really appreciated this meditation. For the first time in my meditation practice, I opted to lay down instead if sit. The soft tone of Jessie’s voice helped me relax immediately and I followed her instructions, first observing my breath, then deepening it, using my hands to feel as my belly rose, with each inhale and then fell as I exhaled.

The example of a jar brimming with water was helpful to deepen my breathing while counting the breath to quiet a wandering mind is something I will use anytime I need to refocus during meditation.

This meditation would be the perfect way to end my yoga practice during Savasana.

95. July 9, 2017 @ 5:58 am knighl

Short, simple and sweet! This is an excellent meditation to listen to if time is an issue. Jessica gets you right into the flow. Taking the extra sips of air really helped me to open up and enter into the moment. Thank you!

96. July 11, 2017 @ 3:26 pm Kathleen

I have been working on diaphragmatic breathing and this is the perfect meditation to practice along to. It allows me to sink into the breath and bring my awareness to the sensations of the breath moving through my body.

97. July 16, 2017 @ 2:02 pm Kathleen

I came back to this lovely meditation before heading out to a gathering where I knew I would be interacting with individuals who tend to cause me a little frustration and stress. What I love about this meditation is that it puts me in a pleasant mindset very quickly. I easily drop into the flow in a short amount of time and feel confident that, after practicing this simple breathwork, I can move forward with a greater sense of ease and levelheadedness.

98. July 18, 2017 @ 4:37 pm Kathleen

I immediately came to this meditation after receiving a text message that really upset me. I knew that I was to respond straight away to the message, I would have said something that I would have regretted later. Instead, this meditation helped me regain a sense of calm and, upon returning to the message, I was able to think much more clearly about the situation and what the best way to respond was.

99. July 22, 2017 @ 11:41 pm jserfin

1 of 30: This is a great meditation. I appreciate the imagery and the flow.
    1. I feel relaxed, refreshed, and clear-minded. During the meditation, my heart beat was causing a gentle sway to my upper body, I noticed this as I became more relaxed with the expansion of my breath. Abdomen felt activated on the exhales as I let all the air out that I could.
    2. I found my mind was: “generally active throughout” my mind wandered a little right at the end.
    3. I remembered band practice with diaphragmatic breathing and extending the exhale.
    4. Good phrases: Taking extra sips of air. Count on the inhale then match the exhale to that.
    Thank you for this breathing work, I will use this again.

100. July 24, 2017 @ 6:25 pm C

1 of 30. Lovely short meditation. The cue to open mouth slightly while continuing to breathe through the nose proved challenging! Great use of imagery.

101. July 28, 2017 @ 10:47 pm jserfin

1 of 30: This was my second time doing this meditation, I very much enjoy the visualization and technique of counting the inhale then matching the exhale (something I can use during an average day)
    1. I feel relaxed, comfortable, and safe. This is such a nice quick session to get into a calm headspace.
    2. I found my mind was: clearer/quieter than usual
    3. No significant memories today
    4. Good phrases: Imagine the breath like a jug pouring out every drop.
    Having done this for the second time now, I felt relaxed much earlier, mostly because I was anticipating the next phrases and how to count my breath.