Breathing into the Heart -24 Minutes

Aurora Hutchinson

Aurora Hutchinson

Aurora Hutchinson, M.A. teaches meditation and other wellness classes at The Mindfulness Center. She conducts corporate seminars and sees private clients seeking to learn meditation for stress management, improved health, career and family support. She has a B.A. and M.A. in Psychology, specifically Psychopharmacology. In addition, Aurora is completing dissertation work for her Ph.D. in Psychology at American University, specializing in the Psychobiology of Healing. She has completed Meditation Teacher Training with Dr. Deborah Norris, Founder and Director of The Mindfulness Center, and is currently enrolled in TMC’s Yoga Teacher Training program. Aurora has also received training in Clinical Hypnosis through the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH). Her passion as a scientist is not only in advancing the scientific knowledge of mind-body therapies, but also in promoting and practicing evidence-based, best practices of self-care in hospitals, wellness centers and corporate settings to empower and serve others.

'Breathing into the Heart -24 Minutes' has 79 comments

1. January 29, 2016 @ 6:04 pm DrEAm

Beathing deep within the heart space with its natural rhythm. Being able ” to unwind.”
    Having the surrounding sounds In the background reminded me of how the world continues to unfold at its own pace. Namaste.

• June 21, 2017 @ 11:07 pm lbsipe

Breathing Into the Heart made my whole body feel relaxed and at ease with my surroundings. My heart feels soft and open. I loved the statement, “What would it be like to imagine a smile in your heart, breathe into your heart.” my heart felt tingly after this statement. My mind is clear, relaxed, and I am enjoying this peaceful practice. My stomach feels calm, and I continue to feel it rise and fall. My breathing is calm, and I am conscious of how it flows in and out of my nostrils. I remember how quiet my house was during this practice, since my teenagers were sleeping!

• July 14, 2017 @ 11:08 pm lbsipe

Breathing Into the Heart made my heart flutter and I could visualize it smiling. I loved the comment that that these breaths may be the deepest breaths you have taken all day. It is a great reminder that we may notice thoughts in meditation. There is no judgement with these thoughts, we notice them with curious awareness. Aurora’s voice put me in a calming place right before I was going to sleep. I feel a calmness in my heart, chest, and belly. Good night.

• July 30, 2017 @ 9:06 pm lbsipe

Breathing Into the Heart is a beautiful visual to have during a meditation practice. When I imagined my smiling heart a natural smile came across my face. I could feel my smiling heart beating and it’s warmth illuminated my entire body. I may have fallen asleep towards the end of this practice, but I was conscious of this act, and found my breath immediately.

2. January 30, 2016 @ 9:32 am elizabethlazor

Breathing Into the Heart space meditation created such a lovely physical and emotional ease for me. I felt a widening and softening to my heart. I enjoyed the focus on relaxing the various parts of the face-jaw, scalp, eyes, teeth, tongue, throat. The sounds washed over me and allowed space to reveal what my heart was saying. It felt like a safe, welcomed friend.

3. January 31, 2016 @ 4:10 pm David Chandler

When guided to open the throat I yawned and the immediate relaxation response was dynamic. I wanted to keep going when it was complete. The throat opening for me seems especially visceral. I found that I was opening my inner voice as well as opening a deeper channel to my more authentic self. I feel a deep awareness of compassion. Peace.

4. February 9, 2016 @ 12:01 pm commander2016

This session was especially restful today as I found myself allowing my thoughts to travel with my breaths to many parts of the body, then almost stepping outside of the same to witness the very act of breathing, letting the sensation be. It was helpful to imagine the heart as an entity unto itself, endowing it with certain abilities—smiling, breathing—and witnessing the impact of flow.

5. February 15, 2016 @ 2:28 pm CarrieV

Thank you for this beautiful meditation. I really enjoyed experiencing the breath as “emanating” from the heart. It helped me tune into my heart center as being the source of life and nourishment for my body. I sometimes struggle with visualizations, as I did here with trying to imagine my heart in my hands. My mind decided to chime in and get logical on me–how would that be possible, it asked? Would I have to extract the heart from my body to do so? Ha! But then the thoughts turned into clouds once more and I laughed at the silly mind, freeing me to return to my awareness of the beautiful heart. 🙂

6. March 22, 2016 @ 11:01 am commander2016

Very enjoyable exercise in mindfulness. As I read some of the literature prescribed in the class agenda, ie. How to Meditate, I find myself more and more prepared for the guided meditations when I practice them, able to notice certain key areas of focus in a richer way….attention to the breath, letting go physically, allowing thoughts to come and go without judgment, remaining in the moment. I look forward to establishing an hour a day routine for this wonderful, never-ending journey. Chris Brenner

7. March 30, 2016 @ 12:51 pm commander2016

Another mid-day session that has had the unexpected effect of allowing my mind to wander away from the words, but remaining grounded in the present as well. Sounds were present, thoughts came and went—some staying for a minute or so. The openness of the heart segment focused my awareness on the freedom and peace that can be found at any time when we step away from judgment and rigid thought. Chris Brenner

8. April 3, 2016 @ 4:07 pm clepley

I loved being held by my breath. then putting a smile on my heart thank you. I am very relaxed and this is my first meditation to do for over 20 minutes. I sat for another five minutes after the “guidance” was over. I noticed sounds, but came back pretty easily to my breathing.
    Cyndi Lepley

9. September 19, 2016 @ 6:33 pm kikimiller

Beautiful. Truly a gift the second time listening. I was especially aware of the action verbs that caused my body to relax and soften “widen, broaden, soften, melt”. The spaciousness was felt. Finally, I loved the prompts of the smile at the heart. I noticed that when I heard these words I found myself smiling 🙂

10. October 27, 2016 @ 11:40 am vstickler10

Nice! Loved how I could be “free” and welcome myself to the open space. I never thought of allowing myself to feel and be welcomed into my own heart. This meditation helped me to figure out what thoughts and feelings are serving me and which ones are not at this time. Feeling of love washed over me. This would be good for advocating self love and self compassion. Our hearts go deeper than what we think they do. Well done.

11. October 31, 2016 @ 7:05 pm vstickler10

I notice when my breathing shifts to my belly. I guess I tend to be a chest breather! I had trouble keeping my eyes still today. Not sure why. This meditation may be good for me at the end of the day just because you say “these may be the deepest breaths you have taken all day” I think I will try that on another day right before I get into my car to drive my hour home. That can be a stressful time.

12. November 11, 2016 @ 2:45 pm moonjoy

[from a meditation on 11/2/16] I was experiencing significant back pain and distracted by noisy preschoolers in the home during this meditation, and therefore felt a bit disappointed and relieved when it was complete. Despite that, I felt like I gained a valuable understanding of frequent feelings of distraction experienced by many folks attempting meditation, and that created space for me to think about how I might address that for students. “Accepting the sounds of everything around us” was the theme for me. I also appreciated my mind’s eye watching my physical heart blow up like a balloon with each breath.

13. November 28, 2016 @ 6:20 pm amypearl

My body felt relaxed and my tension in my muscles was gone. My heart rate slowed done and I kept drifting in and out of sleep but could hear faint noises in the background. My body was relaxed and I felt calm and emotionally secure. My mind was quiet and I focused on my breathing. The one phrase that helped my in my meditation was “Letting your forehead melt”. I kept thinking of letting go of any tension. I fell asleep at the end of the meditation and slept all night, which in something I do not do.

14. December 1, 2016 @ 2:13 pm vstickler10

I had locked myself in my office to complete this one. It was great! No one bothered me. However, I caught myself dozing off a couple of times. I didn’t realize how tired I was and in need of sleep. This is is one I can fit in during my day. I love the phrase massaging and holding the heart.

15. December 13, 2016 @ 11:46 am Tanya

Very nice meditation. I loved the settling in part, like a body scan to sink into the meditative state. To witness thoughts without judgement, but with curious awareness is a good reminder. Letting thoughts fall away like leaves from a tree was a wonderful image (it will be my go-to image), as was letting sounds wash over me, saying yes to whatever is. So relaxing. The image of holding the heart in the palm of the hands reminded me how precious the heart is, how precious this life is. Gratitude. The gentle wrapping up of the meditation, moving fingers and toes, slowly opening eyes was very nice. Thank you.

16. December 22, 2016 @ 11:03 am Tanya

As I started this meditation this morning, I felt overwhelming gratitude for having the time to do it, for taking the time to do it, and for having discovered Mindfulness in the first place. I just want to share this goodness with everyone. The awareness of the throat, the space between the front and the back, the opening of the body through the throat, really impacted me today. I felt connected with the air around me, with the world around me. We’re so interconnected. I love the reminders of letting sounds and emotions wash over me. This helps me post-meditation to notice the ever-present changing of everything, to be aware if I’m getting caught up in the story. More and more I’m able to notice the present moment, if even for a moment, just to enjoy it. Thank you.

17. January 10, 2017 @ 2:52 pm Tanya

I looked forward to this meditation again this morning. It felt so good to let my scalp ease, which was something I hadn’t thought of before. There is so much going going on in our bodies each moment, so many sensations I miss when not paying attention. It’s amazing. Sometimes I wonder how I missed all this for most of my life, but then I’m thankful that I’m now more and more aware. There were several times I got lost in thought or a daydream today, but I was able to realize it and come back to the breath. Nice that it’s nothing to beat myself up about. Just one of those days. Thank you.

18. January 14, 2017 @ 5:31 pm Gunilla

A wonderful session. I loved the part ‘not following the story’ allowing thoughts to drift away, and ‘hear the symphony’ let sounds wash over you.

19. January 17, 2017 @ 4:06 pm Moira

This note is from my experience of this meditation on January 6th… I really love this guided meditation, I felt very calm and filled with a lot of love. The experience left me with a wee bit of teary-ness but in a good way – you know the kind of loving tears that well up at a very touching moment. I also appreciated the idea of focusing on the gap between breaths, I find that very restorative and restful at the same time.

20. January 17, 2017 @ 4:18 pm Moira

These notes are from my experience of this one today – I really do love this experience! I am feeling calm and grateful that I allowed myself time to do this practice this afternoon. My thoughts are slow and peaceful and my heart feels open and expansive – I love the idea of carrying a smile at my heart.

21. January 21, 2017 @ 1:20 pm Tanya

This is always such a nice meditation to revisit. It felt good to take the time, even with a full house and lots of noise. Even someone playing with the dog. I had to smile and realize ‘that’s just what’s happening right now’. Today I had to admit that the deep breaths in the meditation were the deepest breaths I’d taken all day. The part about noticing thoughts without judgement was a nice reminder. I had a thought that one part of me started to criticize, but another part of me remembered that thoughts are just thoughts, not good or bad, no action was taken on it, so let it pass like a cloud in the sky. Very nice. Aurora’s gentle, guiding voice kept my mind in the present moment, feeling the breath, the heart, the ribs expanding. Thank you.

22. February 9, 2017 @ 7:12 pm Moira

This was really lovely for me today! I have to admit the breaths I took here WERE the deepest breaths I’d taken all day so I feel calm and with ease in my body. I really love the idea of breathing into my heart and having a smile at my heart. As I was coming out of this practice today I was feeling reminded of a Rumi poem – the idea of saying yes to whatever arises like a welcome friend. Thanks so much.

• February 13, 2017 @ 5:49 pm margya

Notes from listening first time on 2/6/17…Felt very very relaxed even though the beginning of a very busy day – not anxious to get day started, not even thinking about what’s in store, simply what is. Brain feels slow, not chatty. Really noticed where my energy went when Aurora suggested where my attention might go and what I might notice (scalp easing, forehead melting). Loved Smile at heart image. Just the suggestion of smiling makes me smile and can feel that serotonin releasing. I particularly liked all the “perhaps you might”…notice, sense, feel …. cues
      Using perhaps is such a kind and gentle way to give me permission that if I don’t notice, sense, feel, to not fret. Lovely.

23. February 14, 2017 @ 8:56 am margya

Very quickly fell into to slow rhythmic breathing. If there was back ground noise I didn’t “hear” it though I recall the cue, “you might notice sounds in the room or outside” including doors opening and closing. While most suggested images were relaxing and comforting such as “shoulders fall away from ears”, “let tongue relax down to root” was not – almost felt a choking, a closing – a perfect time to just breathe with a curious awareness until it relaxed. Both “Say yes to whatever is there” and “unexpected visitor” from Rumi’s The Guest House immediately came to mind.

24. February 16, 2017 @ 8:47 am margya

This is my 4th time listening and 3rd reflection. As my attention was drawn down to “areas of tightness” at the beginning I felt/noticed a pinching in my left shoulder blade even with a shallow breath. As I took deeper breaths, breathing in to both the shoulder and belly, the relaxation was almost immediate. Cues such as “might notice jaw relax” were immediate as well. This time no closing in the throat with the “root of tongue” cue. When attention was drawn to the heart, my hands instinctively, without thought, went to my heart and what felt small then felt real and I could feel my heart beating and the beating was the only sound I heard. I wasn’t ready for this to end; I wanted to keep holding my heart and smiling.

25. February 17, 2017 @ 3:12 pm Marselis15

I was able to initially stay with my breath and focus on my body sensations,to include the following:the rise and fall sensations of chest, release of tension in my body, stomach, scalp, and eyeballs. I felt my breath flow throughout my body, knees,thighs, and toes. Favorite phrase: I invite you to arrive here in this moment; arrive here with your breath. And, ” I invite you to place your hand on you belly as you breathe deeply within your body. A significant memory was that my breath became deeper as I relaxed my belly. My mind was steady; not busy. My mind’s momentum was calm. Janice Jones

26. February 17, 2017 @ 3:46 pm Marselis15

2/15/17 Breathing into the Heart:. Favorite phrase: ‘Take three breaths, these may be the deepest breaths you have taken all day.’ I felt rested and recharged. My mind’s momentum was aware of the sensations/energy from my thoughts and sounds in the present space. My heart felt open. I felt like I was on the beach; vacation. A significant memory was that my stomach was able to release tension. I noticed some resistance though. My mind was busier than usual. However , I was able to check in with myself and was able to note my mood and thoughts. I rested with my mood state and the bigger thoughts until those things began to shift where I could return my awareness to my breath. The theme of my mind was being caught up in ‘ worry and planning ‘( study time ,errands and calls needed to be made). This session allowed me to be kinder to myself and to let go of the worry and to remember that ‘things are as the are’ and to simply do the best that I can. I felt my heart smile. I decided to just let go.

27. February 18, 2017 @ 2:28 pm Moira

This was a very restorative practice for me today. I’m very grateful for the focus on my breathing and the awareness that allowed for a deepening of my breath. I feel calm and open now especially at my heart area – I love the idea of breathing into my heart and carrying a smile there.

28. February 19, 2017 @ 8:34 am Amy Balentine

I found myself feeling very open and relaxed at the end of the session. My thoughts slowed as the session progressed. The invitation to relax each body part was helpful. I noticed specific suggestions, such as letting my forehead melt. This was the first meditation I have listened to as part of the program. I found that Aurora’s voice really induced a relaxed state as well.

29. March 6, 2017 @ 4:16 am Tammy Neighbors

As I started this mediation I felt rushed and that my mind was running in circles. As the mediation began I felt myself start to relax and my mind ease. The phrase ” I invite you to arrive here in this place” was a wonderful invitation for all of me to come and be together, to relax and just enjoy being calm and peaceful for this moment in time. I liked the breathing into the heart. I felt my heart beating each time I inhaled. The imagery of holding my heart was very unique. As the mediation closed I noticed that my mind was much more refreshed and calm. Ready to start the day centered and focused.

30. March 7, 2017 @ 11:45 pm hmast1

A wonderfully calming experience. I feel very relaxed and my mind feels quiet and clear. Being that this practice was later at night than I usually do, I did fall asleep occasionally despite it being a shorter practice. However, I seemed to recall hearing guidance throughout the entire time. I found the gentle reminder to just notice the thoughts but allow them to drift by like clouds in the sky important today. This practice, with it’s soothing guidance, is one that I will definitely be using again to find that deep sense of peace and gratitude.

31. March 10, 2017 @ 5:25 pm pjois

my thoughts were distant, hazy very much in the background. there was a quietness within me today. moving the focus to the heart center, i felt it gently expand filling me with a deeper quietness. Enjoyed this today, it has left me with immense peace.

32. March 10, 2017 @ 11:52 pm madoyle

MMTT J: Jan 24th, 20117
    This session brought me to a deeply felt relaxed state. Aurora’s invitation to place my hand on my belly and to soften the belly allowed me to feel the rhythm of the rise and fall of the belly with the breath. My face still feels relaxed; my teeth are not clenched and my jaw has remained relaxed. I felt deeply soothed by the rise and fall of the breath and the belly still feels softened and relaxed. This breathing in and exhaling deep breaths still surrounds me; my awareness feels extended into the spaciousness all around my body. My legs are relaxed and my arms feel loose and heavy. My face is relaxed from my brow, through my eyes, nose, mouth, and jaw.

33. March 11, 2017 @ 12:03 am madoyle

MMTT J; Jan. 25, 2017
    My daughter (who is a counselor) and I listened to this session together today. We found Aurora’s invitation and welcome helped us settle right into a comfortable place. Breathing into the heart took us both to a deep and calm place. We are able to sense the calm as we transition from the session. The pacing of Aurora’s guidance led us to a long and rhythmic cycle of deep In-breaths and exhales. I’m describing some of both of our experiences because we commented to one another as we transitioned out of the session that our faces and expressions were so relaxed we could see it in one another as we slowly opened our eyes and greeted one another as Aurora invites. Our bodies reflected the feeling of emanating openness, kindness, and compassion from our hearts as we came back to our shared space.

34. March 11, 2017 @ 12:55 am madoyle

MMTT J; January 31, 2017
    I chose to revisit this session today after feeling my heart tighten over and over during the long afternoon. Following the breath into my back and torso, with my hand on my softened belly, helped me draw the breath deeply into my lungs. I feel more grounded as I transition out of the session. My hearts-pace is open and my shoulders are still relaxed. My face is calm and relaxed, and with my hand on my heart I can feel my chest expand and fall. I am letting ‘the story’ continue to drift away from me as I transition out of the session. My heart feels lighter, and the spaciousness around me is expansive.

35. March 11, 2017 @ 7:54 pm madoyle

MMTT J; January 31,2017
    I decided I needed to start this day with this meditation. The sun is rising and the meditation space helped my body and mind settle in with Aurora right away. I feel calm and relaxed, able to be with this moment. Today may be a very challenging day emotionally and looking at the schedule had made my stomach tighten when I first woke. As I transition from the session, my stomach is staying softened and my hand over my heart is keeping the rhythm of my breath comfortable. I intend to come back to these little ways of calming myself during the day today.

36. March 22, 2017 @ 7:58 am Amy Balentine

At the end of the sesion, I found myself smiling into my heart, feeling more open and joyful, full of gratitude. IT was a lovely way to wake up the body this morning.

37. March 22, 2017 @ 11:35 pm Aliciaj80

After the meditation I felt light and clear. The momentum in my mind felt soft during and cohesive after. I liked the beginning, relaxing the face, melting the forehead, and softening the eyes. I liked the phrases, “Floating on the river of sound” and “breathing into the heart”.

38. March 29, 2017 @ 8:01 pm pjois

my body was completely relaxed as i followed the flow of breath. the face, throat, shoulders, upper back and chest were open and clear. my mind was calm and quiet. i can’t remember if thoughts came by. It felt like nothing could disturb the feeling of quiet. My heart welcomed the quiet and stayed with it. I feel immense compassion.

39. March 30, 2017 @ 11:32 am moonjoy

At the end of this meditation today, I am feeling comfortable, relaxed, heavy eyelids. It is a rainy, lazy day, but my internal momentum is forward, I am thinking about future plans. I noticed the horn honks from the street this time. Although it was jarring, I let it go quickly, it did not take me away from my practice. I always appreciate the prompts to relax my face, forehead, eyes. That is one of the most effective strategies for me to drop into a meditative space.

40. March 30, 2017 @ 4:38 pm Toni Needel

I listened to this after work so I was a little tired. I remember being guided to follow my breath from my throat to my body & I was very aware of body mind connection. I remember next her talking about sound vibration & symphony. I did get distracted. My son is a music major & I had not heard from him in a while. Next part that I remember was smile at your heart. I was not very present during this meditation. A bit scattered. I will re-visit it when I am in a better mind place.

41. March 31, 2017 @ 10:23 am pjois

3/30/17
    i let myself sink in deeper into a relaxed state. Allowing Aurora’s words to just flow through, it truly was a deeper sinking or settling. The awareness at my heart center was more profound. It seemed to expand without a boundary. i remember feeling a sense of immense compassion.

42. April 2, 2017 @ 12:50 pm sindyyogini1010

I felt very peaceful and content after listening to this. My heart felt expansive, my mind full of joy. My mind was sometimes busy, but I noticed the business quickly and came back to breath, sensation, and relative stillness.

43. April 2, 2017 @ 4:25 pm knighl

The part I enjoyed the most about this meditation is the reminder given to practice “meeting yourself right were you are”. Even when I am not feeling that I am at my best, there is a place for me to feel safe. Going inward even if I feel turbulence is still my safe place. Thank you!

44. April 2, 2017 @ 11:09 pm Luvabull81

What is here for me mow is a sense of peace. It is evening and i am very relaxed and looking forward to a good nights sleep. During this guided meditation i felt a sense of lightness in my head and at times my heart felt as thoguh it was beating very slowly. My stomach was a little temse before and now that seems to have dimenished. I found that my mind was generally active throughout my practice. I wondered what the clicking sounds were but then gave in to the suggestion to let the sounds flow over like a strong wave. Phrases that i remember are the suggestion to feel my calves and thighs on the cushions. I also enjoyed the suggestion to imagine the rain as it hit the roof and the sounds of doors opening. The two different images took me away from busy thoughts in my on head.

45. April 2, 2017 @ 11:21 pm Stephlewis

This was a perfect meditation for the end of a day. It really settled me down. My mind was really quiet during this meditation. I noticed some slight electrical tension as Aurora directed the breath to various parts of the body but that went away. I always benefit from meditations that focus on relaxing the face and especially the forehead, eyes, and jaw. I had never thought before about the space between the front and the back of the throat and liked imagining how it felt for the breath to flow through the opening in the throat down to lower parts of the body. The back end of the meditation particularly resonated with me. Focusing on breathing in the heart was great. My meditative state really deepened during that part and my heart definitely felt like it was opening wider. I appreciated the invitation during the back half of the meditation to make myself comfortable and the reminder that this was the listener’s practice. Usually that’s said at the beginning but it was nice reminder that the person who is meditating owns his or her session. I look forward to doing this meditation again.

46. April 3, 2017 @ 11:25 am moonjoy

I feel full & prepared, contemplative. My physical body feels stretched & relaxed. I alternated between feeling the depth of meditation, and the distraction of outside noises and technical difficulties. I specifically remember the phrases about holding my heart in my hands which allowed me to feel safe and comforted. I also enjoyed breathing into my throat, widening at the base of my tongue, which caused me to yawn. I now have expanded airflow throughout my body.

47. April 3, 2017 @ 11:44 pm Aliciaj80

I like this meditation a lot. I like the body scan and relaxation at the beginning. I like the thought of a “vibrational symphony” “noticing the waves of sound”, and “being cushioned by the breath”. I appreciated the few moments when there was just silence. I seem to prefer the mix of some words and some silence to go deeper.

48. April 5, 2017 @ 6:40 am knighl

I am currently 98 days in on my 365 days of Meditation journey. At this point I find that it is easy for me to get into that sweet spot of awareness. During this particular meditation, when asked to noticed the thoughts that arise, the first thought that came up was an answer to a question that I had been seeking. I cannot describe that moment as anything else but pure joy! To be so in tune with oneself, that you are able to rest in the stillness and know, truly know that you habe heard from your creator. Thank you…Namaste.

49. April 6, 2017 @ 1:07 pm sindyyogini1010

On my second time listening to this meditation, I found myself really enjoying the imagery of the heart. Breath coming from there, a smile right there, etc. I felt like I was connected to my heart space and that it was open. I also really liked that she spoke to having compassion and kindness towards whatever comes up.

50. April 9, 2017 @ 10:46 am shannonstutz

M16 – I was tense today before I even started this meditation. The image of holding my heart gave me a constricted feeling. I attempted to meditate in a more distracting environment though, so I am sure that played a part. I did feel a soft focus today though, like a subliminal message was telling me it was ok to focus inward.

51. April 10, 2017 @ 7:52 pm Noreen

I chose this meditation as I’ve had a heavy heart for friends who are going through difficult times and grief. My mind was active today. I noticed (and appreciated) that during the middle of the meditation, with the guidance to feel held by the breath, my mind stilled. I really liked the analogy of allowing thoughts to fall away like leaves.

52. April 11, 2017 @ 2:28 pm Toni Needel

This was a late afternoon meditation for me today. I needed that extra “boost” to remind me to sooth my eyes and unclench my jaw. My back is still bothering me so when she guided us to breath deeply into our ribs I was very aware of how this felt. I was breathing very shallowly.. (not normal for me). I liked how she talked about mindfulness being simply noticing thoughts with curious awareness. When she talked about the vibrational symphony it resonated with me. I do “feel” sound, especially in my teeth. On rainy days (I have arthritis in my hands) I also “feel” things much more acutely in the bones of my hands.

53. April 14, 2017 @ 10:34 am Amy Balentine

I like the idea of resting in the breath, being held by it. My heart was beating quite quickly and this was a calming meditation that I needed.

54. April 16, 2017 @ 2:55 pm sindyyogini1010

I feel very open with a full, smiling heart. I feel peaceful and present. This is such a lovely mix of guidance and silence.

55. April 21, 2017 @ 11:57 am LauriRandall@yahoo.com

I feel somewhat refreshed although my mind was fairly busy throughout today’s meditation. My mind is still busy with thoughts about the day ahead. There were welcome moments of quiet which always serve to calm my body and slow my heart and I am still feeling the calm and quiet in my body though my mind is at work.
    I remember there being a lot of noise in the background for me – garbage trucks outside my house. It helped me to really connect with Aurora’s comments about riding the wave of the noise. Her words helped me see that I could hear the sounds while not identifying with them as specific or irritating noises.
    The phrase  “vibrational symphony” allowed me to hear the sounds in my environment in a disconnected, non-identified way. By referring to them as vibrations they become more a part of the rhythm of life than a distraction.
    “Ride the wave of sound” – this phrase allowed my to see myself as riding above the otherwise distracting sounds around me instead of becoming caught up in them.
    Thank you Aurora!

56. April 23, 2017 @ 2:03 am Stephlewis

I enjoyed this meditation as much this time as the first time I listened to it. My body was pretty relaxed during the 24 minutes though I always benefit from a reminder to loosen any tension around my jaw. Nothing heavy on the mind this time; could have been a different experience with this meditation that asks us to notice and sit with whatever is there in the heart. I really liked the lines about noticing how the inhale and exhale of the breath allows the body to settle in and the concept of being cushioned and held safe by the breath.

57. April 23, 2017 @ 3:59 pm shannonstutz

M20 – These were absolutely the deepest breaths I had taken all day when I did this evening meditation. I enjoyed the verbiage “arrive in this moment”, and “witness without judgment”. I liked the idea a thought being a welcomed friend, regardless of the content of the thought. Whatever the thought is, it’s ok. No stress. It was also unnecessary to follow the story of the thought. Observe. Let go.

58. April 27, 2017 @ 11:54 am moonjoy

Although my mind was active, I feel clear, prepared, and successful in finding time for meditation today. I feel like I’m in a tunnel, focused just on what’s in front of me. I remember hearing street noises (both at home and in the recording) that felt fine as if they were a part of the practice. Breathing deeply in through my nostrils offered me a quick and easy way to re-focus when my thoughts began to wander. I liked the prompt to relax my facial muscles, this is always helpful for me. The phrases about the heart as a lung were great visuals.

59. April 27, 2017 @ 11:05 pm Stephlewis

This is a very peaceful meditation. My mind was quiet and attentive to Aurora’s voice. It is full of good lines too. And each time I listen to it additional ones catch my attention. This time I really heard the message abut the sound washing over me, the “vibrational symphony”, and floating/ flowing on the river of sound. All nice visions. I had to write them down. I also liked the concept of dropping into the pause.

60. April 28, 2017 @ 9:16 am hmast1

What a great practice to start my day! Perfect weather with open windows and sunshine with the background music of birds singing helped to create a great experience. I really enjoyed taking the time to feel the breath move “to me and through me” with Aurora’s guidance. I am feeling very relaxed and my mind is feeling very clear. I also notice my breath is extremely calm just now after completing the practice.

61. May 8, 2017 @ 4:49 pm early.katherine@gmail.com

I noticed the air and space between the front and back of my throat. I enjoyed noticing the sounds around me (my office is next to a busy street) and feeling the sensation of the sounds reverberating through me and “floating on the river of sound”. I was grateful that she gave us permission to move our body as it needed. I felt the freedom to swirl my arms and hips to flow with the swishing sound of the cars zipping by outside. Rather than being annoyed by the “noise pollution”, I just flowed with the energy of it.

62. May 17, 2017 @ 11:43 am early.katherine@gmail.com

I did this meditation after sitting at work for several hours. I decided to stand up for the meditation and allow my body to rock and sway. It was wonderfully nourishing and nurturing. My heart felt open, airy, bright, and clean. I enjoyed letting the sounds wash over me and through me. Grateful!

63. May 31, 2017 @ 11:49 am moonjoy

I feel focused, motivated, and calm. The momentum in my mind is active and forward. My heart still feels a bit constricted, but there is a lot going on in my day. My shoulders also feel a bit tight. I enjoyed the focus on the breath and remember it bringing me back to focus multiple times. The focus on the heart also stood out to me, especially the idea of physically holding my heart. I remember hearing some street noise, and thinking a lot about things going on around me. I very much appreciate the phrases of “letting my breath surround” me, which felt like a hug or pillow, and “squeezing my heart”, which also felt comforting and supportive.

64. June 3, 2017 @ 9:36 am knighl

It is a dreary rainy morning, but as usual this meditation felt like rays of sunshine! The invitation to open my heart was met with great adoration.

65. June 7, 2017 @ 9:43 am LauriRandall@yahoo.com

There is a lot going on in my life right now so while my stomach still feels a bit of unease it is feeling much more relaxed than when I sat down for my practice this morning. My heart is calm and quiet.
     My mind was fairly active this morning but about midway through the meditation I stopped fighting the activity and rested into it. I began to accept the activity and sense of unease and by accepting was able to let go of some of it.
     The idea of a smiling heart literally brought a smile to my face. The first of the day as I woke feeling a bit stressed this morning.
    Thank you!

66. June 10, 2017 @ 10:45 am knighl

I enjoyed this mediatonic from my garden this morning. The beauty sounds in nature really helped me to accept the invitation to come into the moment.

67. June 13, 2017 @ 4:41 pm AngieMack

I really liked this practice. I was able to get a point of deep relaxation very quickly. Besides the other guided meditations before this, I have been practicing on my own almost every day. In the previous mediations that were longer, it took me a while to reach a more calm and relaxed state, so I was very happy and surprised that I was able to reach a relaxed state more quickly than in the past. After today’s practice I feel very stable in my mind. Usually after a practice within a few minutes, my mind often goes back to several tasks it has to do for the day, and after today, my mind did not wander off right away and felt more stable and clear. Emotionally I feel very at ease. I found that my mind was very open and quick to receive the guided meditation. The most significant memory was how quickly I fell into a deep state of relaxation. I really liked the breathing into my heart and allowing it to open up with each breath.

68. June 19, 2017 @ 6:39 pm Kathleen

I am usually most comfortable meditating in a reclined position, but today I decided to experience this meditation in a seated position, and I felt it contributed to a new set of sensations. After I slipped into the meditative state, I began to feel warm and heavy. It was as if there was a thick blanket on top of me, and the space between me hands and my belly began to glow with warmth. I also felt as if I was an ice cream cone being held underneath the warm sun. Under its glow, stress, worry, and tension began to melt off of my body.

69. June 20, 2017 @ 5:49 pm Kathleen

While doing this meditation yesterday, I experienced such strong and vivid sensations, I wanted to try it again today to see how the experience might differ. This time I experienced the meditation in a reclined position. I felt a greater sensation of support today and was very aware of all the points where my body met the floor. Aside from these points of contact and the same warm sensation between my palms and belly, however, my body felt very light, almost transparent.

70. June 30, 2017 @ 4:47 pm Kathleen

I came back to this meditation during a moment of heartbreak, looking for a break from the internal turmoil, and it was the first time since beginning these meditations that I had immense difficulty finding the flow. My mind kept gathering a swirling around the negative thoughts I was having and negative emotions I was experiencing, and would not let go. I continuously asked them to pass by like clouds in the sky, but they took root. While this made my practice a bit more difficult than usual, it also added a new and interesting component to explore. It allowed me the opportunity to continuously check back in with the sensations of my body and see how they changed in real time with each new thought, each attempt at release, and each relapse into sorrow.

71. July 11, 2017 @ 3:15 pm Brad Reed

I was having a particularly bad day when I listened to this meditation. It was wonderful as the pace was so gradual it really allow me to settle into my breath and body. Following this meditation I did 1 hour of vipassana and it really was an excellent way to get grounded before I went into deeper insight meditation. Breathing into the heart (literally) was a tremendous benefit to me as a lot of times I carry my emotions and certainly my anxiety in the region of the chest and around the heart. So to just observe it, breathe into it and be with it was a very valuable experience.

72. July 12, 2017 @ 12:43 am knighl

The amount of silence in this meditation was perfect. The silence allowed me to focus and go deeper into my practice. I was able to get into the flow quickly! Namaste’.

73. July 13, 2017 @ 1:33 pm Kathleen

I continue to love this meditation and return to it almost daily. Each time I do, I find myself sinking into the meditative state more easily. When I find myself in a situation when I need to relax but can’t take the time to actually meditate, I just imagine the opening lines of this meditation and feel much more at ease.

74. July 28, 2017 @ 10:23 pm jserfin

4 of 30: This meditation brought a deep awareness to my breath and torso in general. I was experiencing some lower back pain, which was easy to forget as I focused on my breath.
    1. This meditation made me feel expansion in my chest and back. As the meditation continued I felt I was able to deepen my breath especially with the visualization of breathing down to the legs.
    2. I found my mind was: clearer/quieter than normal
    3. I did not have any significant memories from the meditation
    4. Good phrases: ‘imagine a smile at your heart’ ‘notice the space in your throat with the breath’ ‘imagine the breath traveling down your legs’
    I liked the focus on relaxing the face and the jaw in the beginning. I’ve noticed that I don’t do this early in most of my practices, and it would definitely help to get that extra tension released earlier in a session.

75. August 10, 2017 @ 8:54 am katrink

I really liked the relaxing of the body parts. Also the smiling of the heart, am going to keep doing that through out the day. The comment about taking the deepest breaths that I had taken today stayed with me. I must say that the background noises and honking did disturb me.