Experience Spaciousness-16 Minutes

Aurora Hutchinson

Aurora Hutchinson

Aurora Hutchinson, M.A. teaches meditation and other wellness classes at The Mindfulness Center. She conducts corporate seminars and sees private clients seeking to learn meditation for stress management, improved health, career and family support. She has a B.A. and M.A. in Psychology, specifically Psychopharmacology. In addition, Aurora is completing dissertation work for her Ph.D. in Psychology at American University, specializing in the Psychobiology of Healing. She has completed Meditation Teacher Training with Dr. Deborah Norris, Founder and Director of The Mindfulness Center, and is currently enrolled in TMC’s Yoga Teacher Training program. Aurora has also received training in Clinical Hypnosis through the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH). Her passion as a scientist is not only in advancing the scientific knowledge of mind-body therapies, but also in promoting and practicing evidence-based, best practices of self-care in hospitals, wellness centers and corporate settings to empower and serve others.

'Experience Spaciousness-16 Minutes' has 108 comments

1. January 26, 2016 @ 4:44 pm MarkJohnson

This meditation truly fosters a sense of spaciousness, but it seems to do it by referencing physicality rather than using airy metaphors or imagery. I especially like the instructions to sense the space below your arms and between your fingers, to feel the air on the palms of your hands, and to notice the spaces between your thoughts, between the sounds in the room, and between your breaths. I’ve returned to this meditation a few times, not just for inspiration in writing guided meditations, but also to meditate to!

• June 21, 2017 @ 11:13 pm lbsipe

Experience spaciousness felt like a whole body relaxation from my head to my toes. I enjoyed noticing different body parts and visualizing they were relaxing in this moment. I liked the comments regarding the air in our hands, and sensing your heels on the ground. My body felt like it was really in tune with the instructor’s visual cues.

• July 17, 2017 @ 11:19 pm lbsipe

I was so entranced by this meditation that I didn’t realize it was over. I love Aurora’s calming voice and visual images she provides during the practice. I could feel tingling in my fingers and legs. At one point I felt like I was floating with the clouds. I did try to notice the spaces between my thoughts, wonderful practice!

• July 27, 2017 @ 10:53 pm lbsipe

This meditation made my heart open, my hands tingle, and caused a heaviness in my arms and hands. I liked the concept of breathing into my hands, and the spaces between my fingers. My chest was heavy in the beginning of the practice, and light and airy at the end. I experienced spaciousness throughout my whole body, and enjoyed the calming experience of the practice.

2. January 28, 2016 @ 8:45 pm DrEAm

A perfect invitation to experience spaciousness…peppered with a richness and depth of tranquility in voice/ tone. The “being in” the spaces in-between cradled mindful bliss for me. Namaste.

3. January 29, 2016 @ 7:39 pm csafos

Very calming and soothing. At peace with the space and wanting to go back in. Very peaceful. I enjoyed this immensely and my entire body feels “at ease”. Thank you.

4. January 30, 2016 @ 9:38 am elizabethlazor

This meditation allowed me to go deeper with my practice. I particularly liked exploring the new spaces–the space between words, and the space between my heartbeats. It brought me to a deeper, more peaceful place. I felt an incredible spaciousness afterward. Thank-you!

5. February 7, 2016 @ 2:55 pm CarrieV

I really enjoyed this meditation! The image of thoughts as clouds was beautiful. I really applied it to my practice, and extended it beyond thoughts to imagine the sounds and other “distractions” around me as beautiful clouds drifting through the field of awareness. For a brief moment, I felt I was the all-accepting, all-embracing sky. I also enjoyed the image of the sky extending all the way down to the ground, and the idea that we are all occupying space within the sky. The sky allows us all to be within its embrace. I had never really perceived of it that way, and it was beautiful. Thank you so much!

6. February 10, 2016 @ 12:47 pm commander2016

I especially enjoy the “spaciousness” exercise as I work through the guided meditations a second time. It’s accent on sensation of openness and emptiness is very effective in helping me find flow more easily, but only after guiding my awareness to breath throughout the body. Therein lies the art of the “guide” in guided meditation. Thanks, Aurora.

7. February 12, 2016 @ 8:55 am MelanieSpencer

The direction to notice the spaces between the sounds in the room and between your breaths was marvelous. Those moments were blissful.

8. February 12, 2016 @ 11:29 am RichCella

I enjoyed this a lot. Sometimes guided meditations can annoy me, I usually prefer longer periods of science, but this one was very inviting. I found the all of the checking in with the body very soothing. This is a great meditation to share with people who are new to the practice.

9. February 20, 2016 @ 9:11 pm lcverdi

Short one, and good! Sometimes it works well, for me, to drop right in. Very relaxing to soften my brows….one of my favorite, thank you.

10. March 8, 2016 @ 3:51 pm commander2016

The gentle prompting in this exercise to experience the very air around us leads me to another level of flow that simple “body checks” does not allow. It pushes me (softly) to engage total sensation through all of my skin, which, as I reflect upon it, is focusing attention on the largest organ of the body. One of my favorite meditations…

11. April 4, 2016 @ 8:26 am kirstenmiller

I began this meditation with a sinus headache. By the time I had finished, the headache was gone. The lightness I felt afterwards was clearly a release of tension. I particularly enjoyed the prompts to notice: space…space between fingers, toes, thoughts, heartbeats. The whole concept of allowing and welcoming space is such a counter intuitive notion as I am constantly thinking, often, of 3 or 4 “thoughts” at once. This meditation gives permission to loosen our hold on thought–with encouraging results.

12. October 23, 2016 @ 4:02 pm vstickler10

I never thought to focus on “space” not only physical space, but thought space, too. Very interesting. This meditation got me to notice “space” I was never thought of before. I agree with the post prior to mine about the lightness felt afterwards. Sometimes it’s good to have space. I will use this in my daily practice.

13. November 11, 2016 @ 2:40 pm moonjoy

(from meditation on 10/20/16) This meditation allowed me to fall into a deep quiet space incredibly quickly, which felt great. I loved the cues to breathe between my fingers and toes, and felt myself wiggling and spreading my toes throughout the meditation. I was so “in the zone” that it took me a while to realize when the meditation was over. Thank you!

14. November 28, 2016 @ 12:48 pm vstickler10

Posting from last night. I felt really relaxed. This is not the first time I listened to this one but I still walk away actually noticing space around me. I even felt the space between the hairs on my head. I will use the cuing about the spaces on our body with my kids at work. I wonder what spaces they will notice they have.

15. November 28, 2016 @ 6:40 pm amypearl

Happy is the thought that comes to mind at this moment. By body is relaxed and happy. – My mind was sometimes busy and sometimes clear/quiet. Memories of feeling calm and safe come to mind. When the teacher was guiding us through the meditation I was thinking of the outside and the wide space around my body. I kept thinking of a time when I was around 9 years of age and I laid in the grass with my dog for hours looking up at the sky and the clouds moving by. I remember that day and feeling calm and happy. I remember the smell and the grass and my arm laying across my dog and she laid there still. I loved this dog and I loved that the meditation practice brought me back to this place. No one phrase do I remember but I keep thinking of the concept of the air around us filling up space and how we take this into our lungs. This impacted my meditation because I kept thinking and focusing on that day when I was with my dog and how at peace I felt.

16. December 12, 2016 @ 12:59 pm Tanya

I love this meditation. It was easy to relax into it with the mentioning of the breath rolling through the body, the forehead melting. Feeling spaciousness was a new experience for me, and the way it was introduced, first with the space between the fingers and toes, to the space between sounds, breath, heartbeat, then the spaciousness of the sky that allows everything to be there, prepared me to feel the sky-like spaciousness in my mind. What a wonderful feeling. It made me realize how constricted my mind usually is, and I believe will help me open back up to that spaciousness more easily. This meditation was a bit magical. Will definitely be doing this one again. Thank you.

17. December 19, 2016 @ 6:54 pm Tanya

I was drawn to this meditation again today, and smiled as soon as the invitation was given to feel the space between the fingers. This was never something I felt before, nor of the other spaces around the body. It was so relaxing to ease into the spaciousness, I could feel it. Spaciousness is also something I never experienced before this meditation. It makes me feel happy. I love the mention of the sky, how it allows everything to be in it, right down to everything on the ground. A wonderful image to remember when incorporating more mindfulness into my daily activities. Thank you.

18. January 5, 2017 @ 8:58 pm amypearl

As I began this meditation my mind was active and running through the day events. As I concentrated on Aura voice and my breath I started to release my tension and let go. I focused and imagined my forehead melting and my body releasing tension. Her words of imagining “just a body breathing” was like having an out of body experience. I started to drift in and out of sleep. At one point I felt like my body was a she. I knew I was listening to the meditation but felt like I was in between two world, sleep and awake. Once the meditation ended I realized that it had been over for minutes. I fell relaxed and calm. I was going to do some work before bed but my body wants to go to sleep and unwind. I think this is what I am going to do. Very relaxing meditation.

19. January 6, 2017 @ 1:57 pm Tanya

I came to this meditation antsy from a busy morning and having people in the house, but realizing it doesn’t have to be totally quiet to meditate. And it wasn’t. I was able to sink into relaxation quite quickly with Aurora’s words. My body responds quickly into relaxation these days. So nice because I used to be locked up in tension all the time. It’s a brand new life. I could feel the spaciousness, and this has translated into my thoughts and how I deal with things in real life. My family has some tough things going on right now, but instead of being consumed by it, I feel the space around everything. I use the sky image often, and still love to feel the space between my fingers and toes. 🙂 It’s such a healthy and wonderful way to deal with things. Thank you.

20. January 8, 2017 @ 10:29 am amypearl

As I complete this meditation for the 3rd time I finally feel like I understand what it means to me. As I listened to Aurora speak about the space around my fingers and toes I started to think about the air being an object around my body. I actually felt the air touch my fingers and toes and noticed the differences in temperature at times. I was struck when Aurora mentions the sky being “Up There” but also being “Down On Earth Around Us.” My body stated to relax. I have listened to this in the past but I identified with this statement today because I have a fear of flying and it made me start to think about flying. My thoughts shifted from fear of being in a plane to thinking that the sky is all around us and supports our bodies and objects. I started to meditate on my fear of flight. I then returned my focus to my breath and Aurora’s words. By the end of the meditation I felt light and calm. This meditation has helped my rethink about my fear of flying and I will meditate with this intention next time I practice. I find it funny how intention does effect what we get or do not get out of the session.

21. January 9, 2017 @ 6:47 pm amypearl

I returned to this meditation because of the insight I was given during my third session. During this meditation I decided to lay in a fetal position instead of on my back. As Aurora guided me through the session I listened to her encourage us to look for the space in around our body. The interesting thing is that my three dogs had come to my side during this meditation session and as I lay in the fetal position they laid around me filling the space behind my legs and in front of me. It was very relaxing because it made me more aware of the space that surrounds us. My body and mind began to drift in and out of sleep. I focused on Aurora guided us to breath in and out and letting. My mind was focused on this meditation and I had an easy time staying in the moment.

22. January 14, 2017 @ 5:01 pm Gunilla

This session gives a meaning to spaciousness.Even with noise in the background or outdoors Aurora takes me to focusing on my breathing and being aware of my heartbeats. The space between words is now giving a meaning to me, and I enjoy how I am allowed to rest in between the words and my heart beat is coming down even lower. It does open the heart.

23. January 16, 2017 @ 11:27 am amypearl

This was a wonderful meditation session. I feel that my mind is open and my body is relaxed. Aurora’s voice is very calming and as I listened to her meditation it was easy for me to open up and let go. As she cued me to relax the area around my eyes and forehead I could feel the tension melt away as she described. I love the suggestion of thinking about the space around my body. Yesterday I was on the Ski chairlift and it stopped. Being up high is not my favorite and I often get filled with anxiety when the lift stops and I far above the ground. During today’s session I was triggered to think about yesterday on the chairlift because I instantly went into thinking about this meditation and breathing. I went to a place that I started to turn the situation around and think of the air around the chairlift and that I was safe and being supported. I am finding that I am taking bits and pieces of the meditations and using them throughout the day personally and with my patients when they are overwhelmed. I ended this meditation with a calm mind and feeling open.

24. January 17, 2017 @ 4:01 pm Moira

I very much loved this meditation – I love the invitation to experience spaciousness, it provided me with a rich sense of peace and soothing. Creating time for myself to listen to these meditations fills me with calmness and it is a wonderful way for me to quiet my mind and release any tensions that may have built up. This guided meditation allowed for my mind to be a lot quieter than usual and I am very grateful for that too!

25. January 17, 2017 @ 4:15 pm Moira

This is from my experience of this guided meditation on Jan 12th…

I feel very relaxed and loose in my body. Calm and spacious comes to mind. I feel in touch with some tension in my left should and my left thigh area – by sitting through this practice and inviting in that sense of spaciousness the tension lifted – although I am still aware of it – gifting myself the time to sit still with it was very calming and educational as to what is going on in my body. I am feeling balanced and although I am thinking about my next tasks at hand, I am doing so from a calm and inquisitive space rather than feeling stressed and jumping into multi-taking again.

26. January 18, 2017 @ 5:19 pm Tanya

I came to this meditation with a very busy mind, having gotten some slightly bummer news. I kept coming back to the breath, giving myself permission to let go, but didn’t really get there until the invitation to breathe through the entire body. This image soothed me and quieted my mind. Then with the invitation to imagine my mind being as open and spacious as the sky and allowing everything to be in it, I was able to accept the news as just a small part of what’s going on in life. Things are constantly changing, and even though change can be challenging, we can learn to let it be as it is. I needed this today. Thank you.

27. January 24, 2017 @ 5:56 pm Tanya

This meditation seemed to go quite well with the idea of open-mindedness from the Mind as Measure meditation that I did yesterday. Imagining the mind being as spacious as the sky is so relaxing. Just allowing everything to be, no fighting, no grasping. Even though I thought I was open-minded most of my life, there is so much more to be discovered, so much more spaciousness to be had. It’s our choice whether we want to be open or closed, allowing or judgmental. How much of an easier path if we’re open, accepting, kind. Thank you.

28. January 27, 2017 @ 2:39 pm Moira

Feeling very relaxed and spacious… I have a calm smile on my face and not really aware of any busy-ness in my mind. My heart feels warm and expanded (I think that’s what is making me smile). I also feel grateful for having taken this time for myself today. It is becoming easier to build in time for my practice, sometimes shorter than other times but this is giving me a felt sense of connected-ness that has perhaps been more elusive for me in the past. Thank you!

29. January 31, 2017 @ 6:19 pm Moira

I am so grateful for this practice today – it’s been a very busy day and I was going to keep working on my project and put off doing a practice this afternoon… however I feel like I am building up some cellular awareness around integrating a practice into my afternoons because I very easily dropped into this one. I love the suggestions around focusing on the spaces between – always leaves me with a smile! Thank you.

30. February 4, 2017 @ 2:41 pm amypearl

I feel very grounded and centered. As I listened to the meditation I envision the space and air all around me, giving me a sense of security in my environment. I am able to go through this day with a sense and understanding of my surroundings and that there is more than just solid objects. This meditation gives me a new way to look at my surrounding environment and the beautiful things in between the space. I feel that I am more aware. This meditations is one of my favorites and I get something new from it each time I listen to it.

31. February 6, 2017 @ 6:55 pm Moira

I really enjoy this practice – I like the focusing on the spaces between breaths, between heart beats and between sounds like the ticking of my clock. Starting off by relaxing the facial muscles also seems to be a great way to start a practice which allows me to go deeply relaxed and calm… I am feeling very peaceful and at ease.

32. February 10, 2017 @ 10:55 pm Marselis15

Right now , I feel my brain and sinuses have opened and I was able to relieve stress. I am experiencing a good feeling and sense of openness. It was like actually allowing more space in my awareness. Physically I felt more free at peace with a open heart. My mind’s momentum was a wave of calmness. My heart is open for a new day to begin. I had little sensations in my stomach,did not become aware of sensations. My emotional state : some what aware, difficulty to be aware .’ Significant memories included :’ feeling like floating in air; between clouds, looking down. Significant phrase’ let your breath go through your entire body, fingers, toes, pores, feet and hands.

33. February 15, 2017 @ 8:58 pm margya

Approached this earlier today as an experiment as I had an awful headache for which I had tried all my usual remedies (from peppermint oil, heat, cold, LED lights to alleve and coffee. I did use ear phones so whatever sounds were in the room were blocked. Auroras voice quickly became background noise after she mentioned the jaw loosening and my jaw dropped and mouth and throat opened. I just focused on my breathing watching feeling listening to it, hearing and feeling my ears popping on the exhales. I often get restless in longer meditations and when this shorter one ended my first thought was that it was not long enough. The second thought was that while not gone my headache was diminished so that I could get on with my day. The third was that I needed a big glass of water and next time I will drink a big glass before I listen.

34. February 17, 2017 @ 3:29 pm Moira

This was a very calming and nourishing experience for me today – I particularly like the focus on spaciousness which is created by the invitation to focus on the spaces between… between breaths, between heart beats, between sounds, between words – so very calming to me. This experience did let me drop into a lovely feeling of presence – just being. Thank you.

35. February 18, 2017 @ 2:30 am Marselis15

I feel relaxed and I’m a little more elated than my baseline. I feel that my stomach is at ease/soften. I was able to breathe deeply. My mind was in the present moment; not thinking about the past or future. I was in present time awareness. I could feel my shoulders drop as took deep breaths. I felt spaciousness in my brain and my heart was open.
    Phrases include the following: take three deep breaths to settle in, the breath and the body are connected with the awareness of the mind, what if the breath could extend to the lower part of the body, and what would it be like to rest in that space between your thoughts , sounds, theses words, and heart, resting in that space.
    A significant memory was feeling like I was apart of relaxing with the use of a body scan but the difference was with the highly creative and detailed imagery; I had a greater awareness of my breath, body and mind;which allowed for a sense of present time awareness. The imagery did not compel the mind to wonder in busyness. Janice Jones

• March 1, 2017 @ 8:02 pm AdwoaSpencer

Hi Janice,
      I appreciate your observation that the meditation helped you with present time awareness. When I reflect back on my experience, it was the same. I sometimes am challenged to remain the “here” during meditations but this was not the case here. Thank you.

36. February 20, 2017 @ 11:24 am Amy Balentine

I appreciated the invitation to rest in spaciousness and to go deeper into spaciousness at the end of the meditation. I sat outside under a blue sky as I did this meditation, which served to enhance my experience of spaciousness. I had a tight chest at the beginning of the exercise, but sending my breath to my chest helped to open it up and relax.

37. February 20, 2017 @ 10:33 pm Marselis15

My brain is relaxed, no tension or tightness. I feel a connection with my body and nature( the open sky). As I became aware of sensations around me; I became aware of the sounds in the room. The belly became relaxed when my breath deepened, felt the flow. A significant phrase: ‘ find a sense of ease ; become aware of muscles- what do you notice in your body, right now. A significant memory: felt relaxation become deeper as my awareness of breath became longer or extended thru my body parts.

38. February 23, 2017 @ 7:26 pm margya

Checking in on myself my lower back is stiff and tight. I am not awake even though I have been up for two hours – head feels stuffy, not a cold, just foggy. Feeling off and unfocused. Quite an interesting experience, don’t remember much other than at the beginning when settling in I rolled my shoulders several times and lifted my chin and really felt “settled in” and held. Focusing on the face first was powerful, relaxing face/jaw, felt whole body relax. Then came back in to the room at the end – back tightness gone, fog lifted. Feeling rested, relaxed and alert. Wish it had been longer.

39. February 27, 2017 @ 10:05 pm Amy Balentine

I enjoyed looking for spaces to rest in during the meditation. I felt full of space by the end. The imagery of the blue sky was helpful in connecting to a sense of spaciousness.

40. February 27, 2017 @ 10:18 pm AdwoaSpencer

I feel a bit jarred from the relaxed state I was in due to an abrupt ending to the meditation while using the SoundCloud App on my phone. Underneath that sudden shifting in energy, however, is relaxation and an expansiveness of mind and breath. I feel like all of my cells have received more oxygen than they usually receive and are lightly glowing. Not overactive but content. My left knee has a dull ache and my stomach is a bit queasy but I have no emotional attachment to these physical sensations. I just notice that they are there. I feel cool air on my bare arms and around my head. I am keenly aware of the space that I am occupying in this room, in this house, on this street, in this town, state, continent, planet, cell of the ever-expanding universe.

During one part of the meditation, I lost all sense of my body in the space that I was in. I did not know which way I was facing and felt myself larger than the objects around me that I know are actually larger than I am. My head felt a bit odd. A little dizzy but not disorienting.

I am often distracted during guided meditations that have a lot of instruction. I found myself wanting more silence during this exercise so that I could fully be in the moment of breathing into spaces and feeling myself occupying them in new ways.

41. February 28, 2017 @ 5:37 am Tammy Neighbors

As I started the meditation today my mind was running in overdrive it seemed. Many thoughts and lots of noise around me. It took a few minutes for me to relax in to the mediation. I enjoyed the reference to the open sky it helped me to ease my thoughts and settle in. The only think I didn’t really like is the way the meditation just ended. It took me a few minutes to realize it was over.

42. March 1, 2017 @ 4:12 pm AdwoaSpencer

I feel relaxed as if I have just released something. I feel this in my mind and in my body. My right hip was very tight during the meditation and I now feel energy flowing freely through that space in my body. I feel clarity in my mind and my peripheral vision is sharper. My mind is moving a very even pace, not sluggish and not too fast. Just the right amount of momentum that allows me to think and write without feeling as though I am rushing my words or trying to keep up with my thoughts. My breathing is deep and even. I have a slight fluttering in my heart, likely due to the coffee I drank a little while ago. I also feel a flutter in my stomach which is likely due to low key anxiety. Emotionally, I have been feeling a bit of “imposter syndrome” for a few days now. As if I have no business being a coach and healer because what do I really know about those things?

It took me a while to settle into the meditation due to physical distractions – mostly due to using a new meditation cushion and tightness in my right hip. I remember moments of feeling very engaged. Moments of being connected with my breath and feeling it throughout my body. I remember moments of moving to help myself be more comfortable. I remember opening my eyes halfway through the meditation in order to be more present in the space I was in and not just in my body. That significantly shifted the energy from the meditation. It was a bit harder to concentrate on the words but easier to remain present with myself.

Again, I was drawn to the phrase of “a body breathing” and less conscious of translating it into “a body being breathed”. I noticed that Aurora used open-ended questions “what would it be like?” as a gentle invitation to notice or not what she was suggesting. She also used “perhaps”. Being invited to breathe into spaces around the body was very powerful as it helped situate me in physical space outside of myself. Perhaps because I was already distracted by physical issues, I was not as distracted by the constant guidance in the meditation. There were moments when I tuned out from that altogether.

43. March 2, 2017 @ 8:47 am margya

I loved this experience today. Perfect length just enough to get in the flow to really relax. The words quickly because just noise except for a few snippets. Just was so relaxed. When attention drawn to hands felt a sensation like fireflies flashing on and off on a summer night. “Mind open and spacious like the sky” didn’t register, didn’t feel spaciousness or anything until “what would it be like to rest in that spaciousness” “what do you notice night now” and there I was observing myself lying on my back, arms outstretched, outside at night looking at the vastness of the sky and the stars on a clear night. This type of vivid visualization is very very rare for me so just fell back in to it.

44. March 6, 2017 @ 1:17 pm hmast1

This would be a great practice at the end of an especially stressful day at work/school or after something that was physically demanding. In opposition to feeling lighter like I do with most practices I actually feel heavier in my muscles. Not necessarily in a bad way but definitely heavier as if I just woke up from a deep sleep and haven’t gotten the blood flow to all parts of the body yet because I haven’t moved in a while. My mind is feeling a little sluggish as well. I noticed that while in the practice, if there was a particularly loud noise in my environment that it startled me more than normal. I’m not sure if that was because I was so focused on my physical body but it is a change I noted. My only feedback would be that the guidance seemed to end a little abruptly. I did enjoy the practice though and look forward to visiting it again

45. March 7, 2017 @ 7:04 pm pjois

i like the invitation to space. i was aware of the space around my fingers/ toes. breathing as if my whole body was breathing made me feel one with the vast space. there were no sounds, no light, no mat underneath me, it was just the vastness of space, a stillness, and an awareness of it.
    i enjoyed this specifically as there was just one point of focus – space, without having to anything else.

46. March 10, 2017 @ 3:42 pm madoyle

MMTT JE; January 18, 2017
    Again I come through this session led by Aurora feeling the spaciousness in my body, my mind, and just in a beginning way in-between my own thoughts that arise while I focus on my breath. Allowing the thoughts to arise and drift in this greater spaciousness I can feel my heart-space open as well. Following the inbreath, I can feel the spaciousness as my breath draws it into my body and as it moves with the breath through my whole body. I practiced this session as a sitting meditation and find that the sense of spaciousness is still with me. My arms and legs remain relaxed, a bit heavy, and the chair on which I am sitting is supporting me, but the space around me has expanded above me. Aurora’s guidance about what would it feel like to bring the sky spaciousness all the way down to the ground has made this space more open. Even my mind feels like my awareness is broader than my mind, or that my awareness has spread out into the room, all around my body.

47. March 10, 2017 @ 5:34 pm pjois

i did this again today first thing in the morning. the analogy i can draw is one dreaming – the dream begins and ends with the dreamer. the dreamer is in the dream and yet is directing it. in the same way, space is around me and within me. i am a part of it as much as it is a part of me. i was not in space floating, yet i was surrounded by it. it was a very different feeling.

48. March 13, 2017 @ 7:06 pm Amy Balentine

By the end I had drifted off to sleep. Aurora’s voice is very calming and her suggestions to relax each body part allowed my body to let go.

49. March 22, 2017 @ 11:32 pm Aliciaj80

I was tired during this meditation so I felt like I was drifting in and out. I felt spaciousness all around me and felt relaxed and rested afterward.

50. March 23, 2017 @ 10:13 am moonjoy

This meditation practice comes over a week vacation in which I did not make the time/space to formally meditate. It is a welcome and comforting experience. Because I was distracted as I began this meditation, I appreciated the physical cues, to breathe into parts of my body moving down my arms. As I relaxed down into the meditation, I required less verbal prompting. Following this practice, my body feels less achy. I have a better sense of where my skin touches the air, delineating clear boundaries.

51. March 24, 2017 @ 11:49 am moonjoy

Somehow I forgot that I had done this same meditation just yesterday! I began this morning, but was interrupted by multiple phone calls and tried again an hour after. I love the cues about relaxing facial muscles and finding the space between. Unclenching my jaw & relaxing brow are very effective for me. My physical body feels more spacious. Even with noise outside of my window, I was able to focus on my breath and achieve a deep internal space. Thank you.

52. March 26, 2017 @ 7:12 am knighl

This particular meditation helps you to deal with everyday distractions, which is vital because when living life the day is busy and loud. We must have the ability to quiet the mind even in the midst of chaos. Love, love, loved this meditation!

53. March 27, 2017 @ 8:28 am hmast1

I wanted visit this practice this morning to help with grounding myself for the day. Physically I am feeling very grounded now as if my feet and legs are connected to the earth and I am allowing the earth’s energy support me. My breath feels like it is moving more freely and I feel very open throughout my body. In the practice Aurora mentions resting in the spaciousness and I could feel in that moment my entire nervous system calm even more. It was such a noticeable change that it took another moment for me to realize what happened. Another wonderful practice!

54. March 29, 2017 @ 12:53 pm shannonstutz

M6 — I felt a sense of ease and my mind felt very even and balanced. My heart and stomach felt grounded. Breathing into my entire body, I felt a spacious arise from my pelvis. I wasn’t necessarily trying to feel that, it just occurred. It was almost like my body was on autopilot, handling tensions I wasn’t even aware of. I really loved the phrasing of “space between thoughts”, “space between breaths”, “space between sounds”. Allowing it all to just be was a comforting concept. Wait, I don’t need to TRY and do anything? Just like that. Easy. Nothing complex or exotic, just observing the experience of the mind and creating space.

55. March 29, 2017 @ 6:07 pm Luvabull81

I used this meditation to calm down and it helped. I feel relaxed. It was hard to stay completely focused. I tried lying down, my mind was still racing. My body did feel relaxed and I had less tension in my right hip. I had no specific feeling in my stomach. May heart rate is typically slow so that felt normal. My emotional state now is somewhat anxious that I am now not being more descriptive.

I found that my mind was generally active throughout my practice.

Significant memory of my experiences during the practice is that I felt slightly anxious but happy to be taking the time out to meditate.

Phrases that I remember that had a significant impact on my practice were “Calming the nervous system” “A little deeper”. These phrases gave me permission to let go.

56. March 29, 2017 @ 7:38 pm pjois

i came back to this because i am drawn to it. it is such a soothing meditation that has no limits. the feel of the air at every little point and gaps and the same air extending farther out. made me feel like i was floating. it was extremely peaceful. i feel one with part of creation, part of nature. it is experiencing being in harmony as against simply using the term. simply peaceful.

57. March 30, 2017 @ 12:27 pm shannonstutz

M8 — I felt light and full of air. I didn’t like how there was no warning of the close of practice. I felt distracted and lost a bit of what I had gained at the end of the meditation. My mind was in the flow though, not sticky and clingy. I liked the reminder to relax my jaw, seemed to come at the perfect time. I also liked the permission to move and just be. I started to question words like “drop in” and “go deeper” and wondered, how would that sound to a new student? I think they may wonder HOW, how do I go deeper, how do I drop in? What does that really mean? Started a good exploration of verbiage I want to use.

58. March 30, 2017 @ 4:04 pm Toni Needel

I defiantly liked this one a lot. Was easy to relax. I liked the blue sky all the way to the ground part. I felt like I was floating. I was very peaceful throughout, very calm.

59. March 31, 2017 @ 10:17 am pjois

i began with this yesterday. It is such a beautiful one. What more can i add? the being in space, with an awareness of space both inside and outside of me is extremely humbling. thank you for this!

60. April 1, 2017 @ 7:42 am Stephlewis

As I was listening to this meditation I thought it would be a good one to do before going to bed. Found it serene. I generally like lots of silence this one had a nice leisurely pace to it. My mind was largely quiet and open to the various ways in which the meditation directed the senses. I enjoyed the process of visualizing breathing all the way through my body and through the space between my toes and the pores through the soles of my feet. The invitation to listen to the sounds around me was especially nice because at the time there was a soft rain outside and I love that sound. The observation that the sky extends all the way down to the ground was eye opening to me. I’d never thought of it that way. Resting in its openness was a nice line.

61. April 1, 2017 @ 8:56 pm moonjoy

Following this meditation I feel grateful, full, wide and expansive, focused. My mind is clear but not moving quickly, pondering and inquisitive. I felt heavy and sinking, in a good way. I loved this practice today. It was comforting and familiar. It felt like a blanket. I did not feel hurried or stressed, I felt methodical and thoughtful. Breathing through to specific areas of my body. Relaxing my shoulders away from my ears. The idea that I might be hearing the words or my breath or my heartbeat – I was in between those spaces so that was nice to hear.

62. April 1, 2017 @ 11:52 pm Aliciaj80

I felt myself become more and more interested in the space between. The pause between and trying to lengthen the pause. I like the idea of the space between the breath and between the thoughts. It gives time to just be. Great meditation.

63. April 2, 2017 @ 8:17 am knighl

As I began this meditation, a thunderstorm rolled in. My thoughts immediately went to the load thunder and heavy rain. As the meditation progresses I was easily swept up into Auroras calm voice reminding me to notice sounds and let them pass like clouds in the sky. Soon after I felt the tension melt and could feel my breath through my entire body.

64. April 2, 2017 @ 12:53 pm sindyyogini1010

I felt very open and free after this practice. Relaxed, free of tension, but alert and present too. My stomach felt soft, like there was no tension or holding on. I felt a little distracted by the phrase “what would it be like,” but I just noticed that I had become distracted and came back to my breath.

65. April 3, 2017 @ 6:28 am hmast1

I had a little bit of a hard time focusing this morning on this practice. My mind seemed to wander everywhere but on my breathing. Even without my focusing on my breathing though, I notice now that I automatically switch to a slower breathing pattern which I believe is part of that trained response when I know I will be practicing. What’s interesting to me is that now it seems to be that way regardless of where I am (I’m not in my normal space this morning). Hopefully I’ll get a chance later today to have another practice and see if that is still the case.

66. April 3, 2017 @ 6:17 pm sindyyogini1010

I just listened to this meditation for a second time and had a completely different experience with it. I felt it in my body so much more. My arms felt heavier than they ever have before. I felt present. I felt the sky around me. I could tell I was in a far deeper state of relaxation than I usually am in meditation.

67. April 4, 2017 @ 12:10 am Noreen

This was a very nice meditation, I have a relaxed heaviness in my body. I am tired and ready for bed. This felt like a nice before sleep meditation. I liked the permission to move at the beginning. With the focus on noticing space, I found the occasional desire to stretch and found it helpful in the physical relaxation. I enjoyed the way the meditation ended! I recall it as just gently ending, allowing me to decide when I was done. However, I’m aware that I may just have been too relaxed to notice the end. Thank you.

68. April 4, 2017 @ 10:55 am early.katherine@gmail.com

I loved the idea of the stress melting out of my forehead and down my arms. I find myself using that technique throughout the day as I feel tension or overstimulation in my head. I was able to move from pain in my stomach to comfort and ease. Thank you!!!

69. April 4, 2017 @ 11:07 am early.katherine@gmail.com

This meditation made me feel open, soft, tingly. I loved the idea of breathing into my feet and opening the pores in my feet. What I am finding more and more from regular meditation practice is how the breath bring space, openness, radiance and relieves tension, pressure, constriction, and distress. Grateful!

70. April 4, 2017 @ 11:30 am moonjoy

Following this practice, I feel clear and calm, looser, more freedom. My physical body feels relaxed, and more expansive. Although my mind was active, it was focused on the images that Aurora was creating. So I was less distracted, but still active. I flow well with Aurora’s prompts and cadence. I enjoyed the idea of my shoulders melting down my back. I also loved the breathing into my toes imagery. Imagining my breath entering each toe space was a great image for me to maintain focus. Thank you!

71. April 7, 2017 @ 8:28 am Stephlewis

Listened to this meditation again last night – it is full of gems I don’t think I noticed the first time. And I suspect that the next time I listen to it I will notice more. My mind was very quiet with this meditation. It really responded to the invitation to breath throughout my body and to relax more deeply. I loved the analogy of visualizing the mind as if it was the open space of the sky. I’m going to try to hold on to that image over the next few days.

72. April 7, 2017 @ 11:28 am LauriRandall@yahoo.com

I am feeling a softening around my heart and a softening of the edges around the emotions I have been feeling this morning.
    My body feels relaxed yet more energized and focused. I am feeling called to continue this morning with a walking meditation.
    During this session I had an image of myself sitting near my brain and simply turning down the dimmer on the volume of my thoughts. I knew they were there but I was able to disengage from them by turning down the volume.
    – I like the way Aurora uses the phrase “What would it feel like…” because it is like an invitation to experience something. It has no judgement and no pressure behind it.
    I also enjoyed the invitation to “Drop in” – this phrase allow me to feel a sense of falling deeper into the practice.
    Lastly, the idea that the practice allows us to see “the blue sky between the clouds” – is a lovely visual of the beauty that awaits.
    Thank you Aurora!

73. April 7, 2017 @ 2:20 pm hmast1

I wonder if anyone else has experienced what I have in any practice they’ve done. I noticed in this practice as I have in past both since I’ve started this course and prior too, a physical almost ‘jolt’ when I’m moving from a more aware state to a deeper one. Maybe a better way to describe it is like your whole body twitches just once but all at the same time. It always brings me back to the more aware state. Aside from that…as I had anticipated my body was starting to tense up from my busy morning but with these few minutes I was able to decompress and realign both body and mind.

74. April 9, 2017 @ 10:23 am shannonstutz

M13 – I felt a buoyancy and a lift in my chest – like floating with ease. I felt a tug, a pull to lift my heart, like a line was gently pulling, gently suggesting the movement. I like the permission to move as well. I envision giving my students permission to own their experience and to feel free to try different approaches to find their practice and what they need. I definitely like announced endings and silent periods of time – keep them informed, relaxed, knowing what to expect so that they can let go. I want to give a sense of permission to anything, no right or wrong way to do the practice – loved that!

75. April 9, 2017 @ 10:59 pm Amy Balentine

I always enjoy the way this meditation begins with noticing and allowing the relaxing of the various boy parts. I especially like the imagery around the forehead and tongue. I also like noticing the space between things to encourage a sense of openness and interconnectedness.

76. April 10, 2017 @ 1:44 pm sindyyogini1010

This went by so fast. I felt deeply relaxed, almost sleepy, right away (but I managed to hang on and stay awake). I liked the commentary on breathing throughout the whole body. And of finding space between thoughts, between breaths, between the words. This is a go-to for me.

77. April 11, 2017 @ 1:51 pm Toni Needel

I really like this meditation. I had pulled my back and today I was in a lot of pain so I did tis one laying down. (not the normal position for me). I liked how she guided me to feel the space between my fingers and toes. Somehow just stretching those relaxed me a bit. let out some tension. When she talked about the air around the body I visualized a
    laying on an air mattress that was very soft and supportive for my back and it immediately felt very good and relaxing. Like a cloud. I felt a lot better after the meditation session was over.

78. April 12, 2017 @ 3:54 pm early.katherine@gmail.com

This is my second time doing the meditation and it was perfect for my lunch break at work. I was feeling tense, stressed, tight, and pressured going into the meditation but through the breathing and image work, I was able to feel spacious, rejuvenation, connection to the earth, acceptance of my place in the cosmos / sky, and a harmony between my being connected to the ground but expanding out into the sky. Thank you!

79. April 15, 2017 @ 12:57 pm sindyyogini1010

I love how specific the guidance is with respect to different body parts. It really brings your awareness right into the sensations of the body. I feel open and vibrant.

80. April 15, 2017 @ 5:23 pm amypearl

I engaged in this meditation directly after completing my 10 minute meditation and was able to let go of my tension. The biggest influence in this meditation was when she asked up to stop clenching our jaw. This was very helpful because I tend to clench my jaw and hold tension in by grinding my teeth and tension in my neck and shoulders. One she reminded my of this I could further feel the tension let go. This meditation completed my prior one and was well needed. I feel like I could sleep and just be…

81. April 16, 2017 @ 9:26 am Tammy Neighbors

I don’t like how this meditation just ends. When breathing through the arms and legs it was easier for me to envision breathing from the fingers and toes upward. This meditation is always very relaxing.

82. April 20, 2017 @ 4:19 pm Toni Needel

Again I really like to do this meditation. It is very inviting. It is very easy to relax and calm down after a long day. My house was very noisy today so when she asked us to notice the space in the room. today I was very aware of my sense of sound and how it was affecting me. I just really like how this meditation puts me in touch with myself. Feel very good after.

83. April 20, 2017 @ 10:04 pm Stephlewis

Nice bedtime meditation. My mind was relatively quiet for this one and my body was pretty relaxed. I really liked the image of the “blue sky peeking between the clouds’. Thee idea that everything we do is essentially happening in a spacious sky is fun. Makes you feel like you have lots of roam to move since there are no limits to the sky. I also liked the ending inviting us to drop in a little deeper and open just a bit more I think the line was. It’s a great thought to leave the listener with.

84. April 22, 2017 @ 12:12 am Aliciaj80

I love the idea of creating spaciousness in a cluttered mind or in a tight body and that’s what I think of before starting this, being open and expansive. I love Aurora’s voice it’s soothing and keeps an even tone. Thanks!

85. April 24, 2017 @ 2:18 pm amypearl

One other student mentioned the word soothing to describe this meditation and that is exactly what I felt when listening to Auroras voice. I feel part of my environment in terms or space around me. My day is about to get busy and this meditation allows me to ground myself and take one task at a time. I must admit that I do feel so relaxed to the point I am tired. Listening to my body.

86. April 25, 2017 @ 12:48 pm hmast1

I initially felt tingling that worked its way down my body starting in my head and going down to my toes. Then I fell into a deeper state and only came back to the present in the last few seconds. This was definitely something I needed today as I just returned from a trip that was somewhat stressful. This practice helped me to release a lot of the tension I felt I was holding from all of the travel and aspects of the trip.

87. April 30, 2017 @ 5:53 pm shannonstutz

M27- The even pace of the voice was soothing. None of the words felt exaggerated or drawn out. I wore ear buds and the sensation of the breath in my head was stronger. I was surrounded by distractions but was able to calm my breath and still have an inner experience.

88. May 3, 2017 @ 4:04 am Tammy Neighbors

I woke up this morning with my mind racing with thoughts of thinks that need to be done today. As the meditation progressed I felt my mind relax. I feel focused and ready for the day. Today I left the TV on during my meditation, I was happily surprised how easy it was to tune it out and stay in tune with my mind and body.

89. May 8, 2017 @ 4:06 pm early.katherine@gmail.com

I listened to this meditation while taking an epsom salt bath. I came home from work exhausted with a headache. It was a challenge to just breath and be present with my physical, embodied experience rather than being fixated on the pain of the headache. Once she said, “Just accept whatever comes up” I was able to get some space from the headache and witness the pain almost as a cloud and just let it float away. As I released it, I notice the tension in my head alleviated! I experienced spaciousness in my head! Grateful!

90. May 25, 2017 @ 11:53 am moonjoy

Although my mind was a bit distracted today, I did have moments of deep relaxation. Upon finishing this meditation I have an open feeling in my face, behind my eye sockets. I feel calm and prepared. I particularly enjoyed the invitation to relax the tiny muscles of my face, which is probably where the open eye socket feeling is coming from. I also appreciated the details around awareness of my hands. I remember unclenching my jaw just before the prompt was given, and the immediate calm that came over my body when invited to relax my face and shoulders.

91. June 3, 2017 @ 1:05 pm Brad Reed

I found this meditation very relaxing and easy to get into. Aurora’s voice was very calming and soothing in the pacing of the meditation itself was excellent. I found myself really sinking into my body and feeling the sensations which allows me to feel the presence. Normally, my regular practice does not involve guided meditations but I have to say these meditations relax me and focus me in a different kind of way that I’m used to and I find this beneficial. I appreciate the analogies used to illustrate that our sensations and our thoughts can be visualized or experienced in a way which emphasizes their transient nature. Focusing in on yourself is a powerful tool for grounding in this meditation really helped me do that. It was also short which is nice when we have time constraints.

92. June 5, 2017 @ 9:11 am LauriRandall@yahoo.com

I feel quiet yet alert. My body feels relaxed. My heartbeat is slow and steady.
     I enjoyed the way Aurora reminded me to notice the space between the body and the environment. The space underneath my arms, the spaces between my fingers and toes. Even the space between sounds in the environment and the space between my heartbeats. This helped me connect to and feel a sense of oneness with my environment.
     I also appreciate the reminder to relax my tongue and let it drop from the roof of my mouth. It felt instantly more relaxed with this one small movement.

93. June 12, 2017 @ 10:17 am Kathleen

I came to this meditation after waking up to the first morning of living in a new apartment. I had just completed a morning yoga practice and wanted to deepen my experience of savasana with a guided meditation. I am not yet used to the sounds of my new building or of the street outside, so, throughout this meditation, I delicately seesawed back and forth between external and internal awareness. My focus became lost the sounds of my environment for brief periods until these external noises faded away and I was brought back inwards. Then, a new noise, like a bus pulling up to the stop below my window or the conversation of a couple passing by, pulled me out again. I did not mind this fluctuation, however. Nor did I feel it detracted from my experience. I appreciated this meditation’s ability to put me in a place where I could nonjudgmentally assimilate my external environment as if it were a part of me, just like the beating of my heart or breath in my lungs.
    I additionally enjoyed the pacing of this meditation and found myself fluctuating between consciously hearing the words and unconsciously allowing them to guide me. When the words guided me to bring awareness to my hands, I felt I truly became aware of the space between my fingers and the air against my palms. It felt as if there were two spheres of atmosphere slowly turning in my palms. This sensation lasted throughout the majority of the experience, even as my awareness moved in and out of myself.

94. June 12, 2017 @ 12:07 pm moonjoy

I feel deep satisfaction, relaxation, whole body calm. I feel pride in taking care of myself today. I was able to reach a deep level of clarity/calm/relaxation quickly. Even though my mind was active, my body felt better than usual and I could feel breathe circulate throughout my body. This may be because I practiced hatha yoga prior to meditation. The spaciousness cues felt on point and really resonated today.

95. June 13, 2017 @ 3:08 pm AngieMack

Today I start with my lower back hurting very bad after playing all day the day before with my sons. I was worried when I started that my back pain would interfere with my focus and practice. However, once I started, a few minutes into the practice, I was able to breathe through a lot of the sensations and tension/pain I was feeling in my back and open myself up to other parts of my body and mind. I found a comfortable position by laying down, which was the first time I laid down during meditation. During the moments when the speaker reminded us of our breaths, I was able to feel how the ground I was laying on felt in all the parts that touched the floor and feel each part of the body that was touching the ground. I did not intentionally do that, but my mind and body seemed to know what it was doing and center or ground itself to the breathing. I felt very relaxed and not as much pain after the practice. I also liked that it was a shorter session and I was able to continue on my own with mediation after the session ended.

I found that my mind was clear and quieter than usual and very clear considering I went into the session with worry.

The most significant memory was when I felt the release in my lower back when breathing and feeling grounded. There were no phrases that stood out, but placing my body at ease throughout the session really helped me feel connected to the ground and feeling each part of my body release.

96. June 19, 2017 @ 6:43 pm Kathleen

I came to this meditation yesterday while lying beneath the warm sun. I really enjoy this meditation and come back to it often, so I’ve begun to quickly slip into a meditative state after hitting “play.” Yesterday was no exception, and my body felt as if it became transparent and melted into the nature around me. Additionally, it felt as if there was plenty of roo between my joints and as if that space was being filled with the warm sunlight.

97. June 23, 2017 @ 10:50 am Kathleen

I spilled into the meditative state from the very beginning of this recording today. I felt as if I could sense the air entering and exiting my pores, just as the recording says. What’s more, I came to really appreciate how there is not clear ending to this meditation. The recording does not instruct me to open my eyes or sit up, so I can continue to meditate for as long as I’d like.

98. June 24, 2017 @ 5:10 pm vkashyap1971

This is my first meditation as part of my MTTO training and I enjoyed the experience immensely.

My breath grew deeper as Aurora progressed through the meditation. My thoughts were quiet and my body calm and at peace as the meditation came to a close.

At times though, I did find my mind grow a bit active but the moments of silence throughout the meditation were a gentle reminder to let go and bring focus back to my breath. This in turn helped me relax and enjoy the journey.

The phrase towards the end of the meditation, “simply being a body breathing,” really resonated with me and the entire experience was one of mindfulness of breath and the effect it had on my body. I didn’t realize the meditation had ended as I continued to sit and enjoy the silence of my mind and stillness of my body. I was simply being a body breathing!

99. July 9, 2017 @ 8:01 am knighl

The experience to enter spaciousness was so relaxing that I fell asleep! Such a comforting meditation!

100. July 18, 2017 @ 4:41 pm Kathleen

I came to this meditation when I was feeling very cooped in my house and, by extension, a little claustrophobic from life. Experiencing the spaciousness that exists within my body allowed me to expand my thoughts and feelings into a place of ease and contentment.

101. July 24, 2017 @ 10:30 am Kathleen

I really enjoy focusing on diaphragmatic breathing when beginning this meditation, allowing myself to feel the spaciousness in my belly. From there, I feel I can expand outward and enjoy the spaciousness throughout my body.

102. July 24, 2017 @ 6:31 pm C

2of 30. Grateful for the frequent invitations/open ended questions used throughout. Realized afterward that what sounded like “…space between breasts…” was likely: “Space between breaths!”

103. July 28, 2017 @ 5:48 am katrink

Thank you this was lovely, I especially liked the details such as focusing on the air between the toes, which is an area I never focus on. Also, I liked how the imagery was frased what if rather than Imagine. A new way for me. I was having difficulties concentrating as my mind was raising, it helped me the pace of the exercise, listen and then experince.

104. July 30, 2017 @ 9:17 am Kathleen

I came back to this meditation the other night when I was having trouble falling asleep. Troubled sleep is very rare for me, so the oddity of being unable to relax was creating even more worry. As always, this meditation allowed me to seamlessly drop into a calm state and drift off to sleep.