Radiant Being – 43 Minutes

Debbie Norris

Debbie Norris

Deborah Norris, Ph.D. is author of In the Flow: Bridging the Science and Practice of Mindfulness, and Editor-in-Chief of MindBodyJournal.com. Dr. Norris is Founder of The Mindfulness Center™, based in Washington, D.C. She is Psychologist-in-Residence and Director of the Psychobiology of Healing Program at American University, and past professor at Georgetown University Medical School. Renowned for her online meditation teacher programs, The Science of Mindful Awareness (SOMA), Dr. Norris is an internationally recognized speaker and educator on mindfulness, yoga, and integrative mind-body therapies. A health scientist with over 40 years of experience ranging from traditional medical and psychotherapeutic practices to integrative therapies and lifestyle practices, she teaches and conducts research in mindfulness, behavioral medicine and other holistic approaches to happiness and well-being.

'Radiant Being – 43 Minutes' has 51 comments

1. October 2, 2016 @ 8:09 pm David Chandler

I felt my mind wandering at a few times during this experience, but came back to the breath and felt elevated by witnessing the moment. I liked this particular session very much. I have been including auricular acupuncture as part of my meditations recently and this is amplifying my experience of deep rest. The process of focussing on the breath while placing the needles and then sitting quietly is extremely satisfying. I use a sleep-mix tea for detoxification as well and this increases the rest and digest aspect tremendously. The feeling of radiance is a beautiful thing.

• July 9, 2017 @ 11:19 pm lbsipe

Dr. Norris has a unique way of helping me settle into my practice at my own pace. I enjoyed the discussion at the beginning of the meditation regarding finding your baseline. I loved how you talked about the radiance that emanates from the earth, and comparing it to our radiance that emanates from our body. I had such a beautiful picture in my mind. I will try to let the opening of this momentum continue throughout my day.

• July 22, 2017 @ 1:54 pm lbsipe

This is my 2nd time listening to Radiant Being. I was aware of the downward feeling this time around. I felt connected to the earth and I felt my breathe flow gently through all the parts of my body. My heart was warm and open, and my body felt light and airy. The more I practice Mindfulness the more aware I am of the beauty surrounding me in my daily life.

2. October 24, 2016 @ 4:13 pm David Chandler

I enjoyed this session quite a bit. I went to a very deep place. I felt the sense of radiance emanating from my heart chakra, and ultimately from my whole body. It seemed to stream out from center to a ball shape all around me. By the end of the process I was just empty and open. I felt very light and gentle. My cat came and sat in my lap while I was meditating and she just cozied up and lay there for quite awhile. She has just come back to me now and is sitting on the arm of my chair purring. She liked this session very much too. I chose to do auricular acupuncture for this session again. It helped me get to a dynamically deep and restful place of complete inner quiet. Thank you.

3. October 25, 2016 @ 1:04 pm vstickler10

I love the content on being radiant. We often do not look for the radiance within us. What a peaceful meditation. I will look for my radiance more often and zone in on what makes me radiant and the feelings I find. Our radiance can be powerful and I feel that if we let our own shine others can see it and wonder about their own.

4. November 13, 2016 @ 9:02 am vstickler10

I am commenting after listening to this on my phone as I was waking up. This time around I really focused on using gravity to let my body loose. I did not catch on to that so much the times before. I mean I heard it but did not connect with it until now. I love how it was worded in the session and I will using it when I do my quick 5 min meditations through the day. Gravity can help us to relax and it gives a word to connect the meaning to what it is.

5. November 28, 2016 @ 7:03 pm lcverdi

I am reminded of how important it is to practice when you don’t need it. I love how open and accepting Debbie is in her speaking and teachings. The verbiage about internal shifts, I found that very helpful! I felt really supported regarding the time it took to drop in to the meditation. As if Debbie knew exactly what my body was feeling. LOVE LOVE LOVE the tree and radiant energy references!!! I’ve used the tree and roots visual in the past,but not quite like that. Very helpful. I will incorporate that into y practice in the future. At one point, I became a radiant ball of energy which I rested into happily. The long stretched of silence were my favorite. I am still dumbfounded that they are my favorite to experience and my most difficult to guide.

6. December 16, 2016 @ 1:20 pm Tanya

This was such a nice meditation. Deborah’s voice is very calming. I appreciated that the meditation went forward with the noise in the background, because I realize that if it’s not perfectly quiet at home, I can still meditate. Made me smile. I loved the image of our energy flowing into the earth, and the earth’s energy flowing into us, that the earth is alive. I felt the connection. Also knowing that we can have a wider experience when we open the consciousness. I’ve felt this, and am going to try to be more open to everything, especially with my family and my teen who loves to push my buttons. I became aware during this meditation that I can step back and watch with curiosity instead of always just reacting. Made me smile again. Confession, I have a hard time meditating for over 30 minutes, and I got restless at about the 30 minute mark. I allowed myself to move around a bit, while still staying with the meditation, and the best part is I didn’t beat myself up about it. 10 minutes used to seem too long for me, so being up to 30 minutes feels very nice. Maybe one day 45 minutes will seem easy. If not, I’ll stick with the 30. Thank you.

7. January 14, 2017 @ 2:38 pm Gunilla

Our radiance is powerful and I will now look for it more often in my meditation. Radiance is beauty.

8. January 17, 2017 @ 4:09 pm Moira

I feel calm, peaceful, with a smile on my face – my heart is open and in an expansive state. My shoulders are calm and relaxed, face at ease with a gentle softness… there is still a warmth throughout my body – it started at the soles of my feet and worked its way up through my body. I am feeling light, warm and ready to step back into my daily activities.

I loved the guidance – as noted above I felt a real sense of warmth starting at the bottoms of my feet, at one point it was very intense almost like what I experience when passing Reiki attunements! At one point there was a statement to the effect ‘if you had your own practice you could let the guidance be a part of the background’ upon hearing this, I had a sensation of a white lotus flower opening at my head… it was a beautiful experience.

9. January 22, 2017 @ 6:43 pm Gunilla

Today I felt this meditation was different for me. I am finding my baseline and will more easily be able to go back to it. I have been practicing more frequently and understand the power of a daily routine I am now adhering to. Sensing to being in the moment is a sensation we need to nurture.

10. January 29, 2017 @ 3:55 pm Moira

I very much enjoyed this experience today – I am feeling peaceful and calm I am still very much aware of my breathing and my thoughts are few and fleeting my heart feels grateful and soft, my stomach and in fact my whole body is feeling relaxation and ease. Thank you.

11. February 5, 2017 @ 11:07 am amypearl

Today I must say I had a harder time staying focused. I stopped my meditation practice around thirty minutes into it. My mind was wondering especially during the times of silence. I attempted to let my mind wander and then bring myself back to the practice. I did connect during the time Debbie was talking us through the concept of gravity. I imagined myself being grounded to the earth and secure. This concept allowed me to think of myself as a strong woman who is grounded in my world. I also enjoyed the when Debbie described breathing through our body and out through our feet. I was imagining the air traveling through my lungs and to my organs and out my feet. I stopped 30 minutes into the meditation because that was where I was in that moment. I also enjoyed the conversation regarding our personal base line and how to best practice mindfulness for us individually. I find that a 30 minute meditation is my base line at this point or to practice shorter session.

12. February 9, 2017 @ 4:23 pm Marselis15

Radiant Being:I feel light , relaxed, at ease, weight lifted. Physical sensations were euphoric, like being in tuned with nature and God. My emotional state was balanced, positive mood, equanimity.
    My stomach began to release pressure, my heart became open and I had a sense of expansiveness and love. My mind was able to be quiet. A significant memory was that actually felt movement or a shift in my head, a sense of spaciousness. Phrase that had an impact on my practice were the following: breathing helps us to relax, our brain senses it, our bodies begin to fill with oxygen and causes a shift in the heart, belly, mind, toes. Letting go, AHHH….
    The information about knowing your baseline was very informative in my daily practice and helps me check into my everyday experiences. Loving kindness…

13. February 11, 2017 @ 2:59 pm Moira

This was a good practice for me today – I love the reminders to focus on the breath and I am finding it easier and easier to find and get back to my own baseline. I love the personalized style of this experience – just the letting go and dropping in – aahhh!

14. February 13, 2017 @ 8:17 am margya

Loved the reminder about baseline and getting to it more easily and quickly with practice as well as to explore different times/positions/ways to practice. Down, down , down – heavy, really felt held and supported by the earth as though lying down though in fact was sitting up. Could really feel the energy following my attention as Debbie guided the breath in and down, down, down and out the bottoms of my feet. Knowing I AM a radiant being whether I “sense it or not”make me automatically smile and feel lighter. The “or not” is what made me smile and know that I AM felt so good.

15. February 14, 2017 @ 8:34 pm margya

Got way too comfortable too quickly in a zero gravity chair at the end of a long day. Words drifted away. Barely noticed the breath, much less thoughts or sounds. Was not asleep but too relaxed to observe or witness anything!. I was awake and alert as soon as Debbie said “so check in on yourself as you go through your day…what’s it like to be, to breath. I am both refreshed and relaxed .

16. February 28, 2017 @ 11:48 pm Marselis15

Radiant Being 2/20/17- I feel relaxed, calm and at ease. My brain was at rest. My stomach was relaxed after giving myself permission to relax by taking deep breaths. My mind’s momentum felt the flow from a busy mind to a quiet mind. A significant experience was being aware of my body sensations of actually letting everything go /tension and and letting gravity hold me. I felt a big shift in my state of being which was one of the release in tension. A significant phrase was the following’ explore the sensations as they arise .’Janice Jones

17. March 1, 2017 @ 2:01 am Marselis15

Radiant Being 2-28-17, Today I just really needed to take some time to distress about some everyday issues. I was ready to go inward. Remove myself from my past and future thoughts and rest in the present moment ; in my light. I became very relaxed , experienced a sense of lightness and I allowed by body to meet with gravity and I felt the shift when I let go to gravity.
    A significant phrase was the following: when the autonomic nervous system is activated, when we exhale and let go; we elicit the relaxation response . It shifts our heart rate , the brain senses this and we become different,we are different. I can definitely say that as my meditation session ended; I indeed felt different from when I began. The shift was positive. Janice Jones

18. March 2, 2017 @ 11:47 pm Amy Balentine

I felt an increased sense of openness from completing this meditation. I particularly was struck by the invitation to notice the effect of gravity on my body. This meditation helped me open to the sensations around me in a way that allowed me to feel more expansive and connected.

19. March 3, 2017 @ 6:08 pm hmast1

Physically I feel almost hyper-aware of energies moving through the body and a strong heart beat. Another way I could describe it would be the sensation of a humming through the body just below the surface of skin but while all the energy is felt I am also experiencing a deep sense of calm. Feeling perhaps all parts of the body including an area that currently has an injury but feeling it from a place that I do not get wrapped up in any discomfort. Colors and sounds seem to have more depth when I open my eyes. Even the quiet seems more pronounced. One of the phrases that seemed important to me was to experience the radiance from both above and below from the earth. Sometimes the background noise of construction grabbed my focus briefly and there were several times that I noted the guidance words fell to background noise for me.

20. March 6, 2017 @ 10:06 am pjois

I have been doing something similar for many years now and have always been left with a humble feeling at the end of it. How much one is capable of! We don’t just receive energy, we are also capable of sharing it – a divine feeling. The radiance part led me to a huge ball of light that slowly grew in size. In this light, i sat in stillness.

21. March 6, 2017 @ 11:52 pm sonitra

I enjoyed this guided meditation very much. The discussion at the beginning about finding a base line, though short, was really a resource during my practice for focusing on the sense of “being”. I must admit, at the beginning of the practice i had difficulty focusing and bringing my awareness to the practice as i was a bit distracted. As i began to bring my focus to the breath and the feeling of radiance, it was as if I experienced a certain warmth from within. When I thought about radiance or radiant being during the practice I felt a sensation of light emanating from within.

22. March 10, 2017 @ 12:40 am madoyle

DATE: December 1, 2016
    The focus of this meditation, Radiant Being, challenges me, just as the use of the term ‘Baseline’ challenges me. The meditation did lead me to a spacious place and I experienced a brief sense of radiance, from above and below, just as Debbie described the experience in her guidance. Finding the baseline within that awareness still feels new. ‘Baseline will shift with practice’, says Debbie in this guided mediation, and ‘we will be able to cultivate control so that we can get back to baseline with the help of our own self-regulation.’ This is meant to be encouraging, but it also feels very far away as well. ‘One’s baseline will become stronger with practice’. I feel a bit stronger from this experience, but Debbie has listed other ways to help strengthen one’s baseline, such as yoga, Qi Gong, Tai Chi, and meditation itself. I am encouraged and overwhelmed at the same time. Self-regulating baseline feels like an immense challenge.

1. Significant memories of my experiences during the practice: I could feel some connection to the radiance above dropping down, deeper into my belly, and connecting with the radiance from below, rising up from my groundedness. I could feel a connection to the inspiration and the way the breath engages in radiance, in the vibrancy, the light, the radiance of life. It will take more practice before I will be able to witness my own radiance as a being.
    2. Phrases that I remember that had a significant impact on my practice (Include phrases affecting both any positive or negative experiences.) Present yourself to the Universe and see how IT responds. When IT responds, you sense it. Consciousness is present, alert, and open.
    3. Other comments. I believe we are here to experience an expanding consciousness and fullness in our lives. I believe in Joy and a sense of thriving in living. I hope I can create a strong baseline of thriving.

23. March 11, 2017 @ 7:29 am knighl

This was an excellent way to start my day. The discussion surrounding knowing what your baseline is really helped me give that sacred placed a new meaning. I also enjoyed the conversation between Dr. Norristown and the individuals in the class, particularly surrounding the thought that with when you reach a certain point in your meditation practice, life won’t bother you. The point of Meditation is not that you will stop feeling. We are living beings so we will feel. The goal of Meditation is to help you find that balance, that baseline back to good thoughts. A place we can all aspire to stay in as much as we possibly can.

24. March 15, 2017 @ 11:10 am LauriRandall@yahoo.com

Throughout this meditation my mind went in and out of quiet. Despite the chatter, this meditation has helped me to feel peaceful and ready for the week ahead.
    I am realizing the importance of posture during meditation, and at all times, to allow flow through the body.
     I am somewhat newer to guided meditation so I appreciated the permission to allow Debbie’s voice to become background noise when I wanted to go in my own direction.
    Also I really noticed a significant block in my abdomen this morning. By allowing my mind to quiet around the block, I discovered that is was about worry over my teenager. In the quiet of the practice I heard and understood that, no matter what I do or don’t do, she will be who and where she is supposed to be on her own path.
    I love the idea of “Imagining a door in the soles of your feet.” Allowing the breath to flow all the way through and out the door. I like the idea of the breath gathering all stress and worries as it travels through the body and out the soles of the feet.
    “Imagine the breath igniting the flame that is your light” is a beautiful visual that is both empowering and hopeful.
    The idea of “Imagining gravity rooting you securely in your seat like water flowing through a tree and into the earth.” allowed me to feel very grounded in my space.
    Thank you!

25. March 19, 2017 @ 5:10 am Tammy Neighbors

I had never heard the term “base line” before. I have a base line that I almost immediately arrive at even at just the thought of mediating. I am going to try to come to my baseline more during the day just as a way to reconnect and stay aware. The mediation was very soothing. The imagery of my radiance was very grounding. Experiencing gravity pushing me into my chair was very relaxing and made me more aware of the things around me I don’t see or hear. Even after opening my eyes back up and the mediation had ended I sat there and enjoyed the place I was in at the same time allowing myself to have visual stimulation.

26. March 19, 2017 @ 12:31 pm Amy Balentine

This meditation made me aware of how I must intentionally open myself up. I liked her suggestion to check in throughout the day to see how each activity feels as I do it. I often go through the day closed off from my own experiences as well as from others. I notice that, like a plant, I immediately feel more energized and open when I am outside, receiving light.

27. March 23, 2017 @ 3:19 pm Toni Needel

Posting from my journal notes from first listening 2/20/17
    First notes were about “Baseline”. I wrote single words after that: mindful, shift, energy. I was writing very fast! I wrote it would take a lot of work? I wrote something about a tree & that it was nice & that I hoped to revisit it & remember it. I wrote about checking in.
    Again I felt tired after, but not as much as the previous 2 days. I knew more of what to expect.

28. March 25, 2017 @ 10:53 pm Aliciaj80

I loved the words of this meditation but was very distracted by the background noise. I would really start to drop in and there was a lot of throat clearing me and it would startle me each time and I would have troubles letting the noise go. I liked the phrases “what if there was something more?” There was mention of letting the noise go because there was a lot of street noise but it was mostly the sounds coming directly into the mic that distracted me.

• March 27, 2017 @ 7:23 pm pjois

Hi Alicia,

Just wanted to share my two cents on the noises. I always listen to the guided meditations while getting some work done in the kitchen before actually experiencing them. That gives me a heads up on what to expect. So, the unexpected sounds didn’t bother me. A heads up, there are more as you go further into the others!

29. March 27, 2017 @ 7:19 pm pjois

Strangely enough, my mind wandered a bit in the beginning. But the radiance image worked, and the stretch of silence helped a lot. That sense of being a ball of radiance in connection with the universe, left me with a feeling of being one with the universe. i let the guidance to remain in the background as i couldn’t disassociate from the feeling. in spite of the radiance, there was a quietness inside.

30. March 28, 2017 @ 9:30 pm hmast1

After pushing myself this afternoon in my workout it was a much needed practice to get to a point of very deep meditation and relaxation. I tried to focus as Debbie suggests, in pushing my breath through my entire body and out through my feet. For me this was a good focal point and helped me get to the deeper state of meditation. I also feel as if my heart is beating strongly but so quiet. I’m taking that as it’s relaxed state as well! 🙂

31. April 2, 2017 @ 5:45 pm sindyyogini1010

I really enjoyed this meditation and particularly liked when Dr Norris invited us to let her voice serve as background noise. My daily practice is unguided (I use a mantra) and I have found the guided meditations a little distracting. So this invitation let me really relax into the process. I felt very in the flow and calm and peaceful.

32. April 4, 2017 @ 10:47 am early.katherine@gmail.com

I loved the focus in this meditation on experiencing gravity pulling you down / grounding you. It felt like a burden was lifted and a soul-like / sun-like energy rising from my chest. I felt so grateful for gravity and freed to just expand my heart and soul out into the universe. I felt lighter!

33. April 5, 2017 @ 10:14 am Toni Needel

Second time listening to this meditation. It is a very rainy day and I was already in a nice relaxed state ready to receive. It is April 5 and springtime so when she talked about the rhythms changing with the seasons it hit home with me. The quality of being is to simply be was also a key phrase. I also liked very much her talking about receiving creative energy & letting it go. I took that to mean putting it out into the universe. I might have wandered off a bit because the next part that I remember was “see how the universe responds. Key words, fullness, joy & thriving. Very good session for me today. I feel very positive, calm, centered. Thanks

34. April 6, 2017 @ 10:59 am Stephlewis

I listened to this meditation last night, or at least tried to, as I immediately fell asleep. A very deep restful sleep, so thank you. I remain relaxed from a sound sleep. So I truly listened to it this morning. Or at least tried to as my mind alternated between being very quiet and then thinking about the other things I plan to do on my day off today. I really appreciated the invitation to breath down through the souls of my feet and to let the light shine through and out of me. And I love all the long silent spaces. The discussion about how the mind connects to the senses and then either brings it into consciousness or blocks it is always interesting to me – that gatekeeper role the mind plays and the importance of being aware of that.

35. April 9, 2017 @ 11:26 am shannonstutz

M19 – I enjoyed hearing the Q&A in the beginning. I was then distracted for a bit, but I felt an energetic flow through my body when she started talking through the body – I felt the flow, releasing downward. “There is no goal.” “Quality of life is to experience it, sense it, know it, be it.”

36. April 9, 2017 @ 5:51 pm sindyyogini1010

There’s a sound of car or truck reversing (the incessant beeping) throughout much of this and I found myself very distracted. Other than that I enjoyed this meditation – especially the permission to use her voice as background noise. I ended up sitting in silence for a while longer after this session ended, as my personal practice is unguided. I also liked the tree and sun imagery.

37. April 17, 2017 @ 3:09 pm Stephlewis

My mind was not quiet through this meditation as I have just made a very difficult personal decision and my thoughts about it were definitely a distraction. But, the meditation was timely and helpful. I was able to get out of my head more than I expected and connect to my body and the thought that I am a radiant being and felt/feel pretty calm. I really appreciated the statement “Present yourself to the universe…and see how it responds.” and “How often do you pause…?” Both great reminders. This is one of those meditations you can listen to a dozen times and notice something different each time depending on the moment.

38. April 17, 2017 @ 7:45 pm Aliciaj80

I did this meditation yesterday and I have a cold so I was curious if that would be distracting to me. I did have to move around few times and get some tissues. The last time I did this meditation it was difficult for me to focus because there is a lot of noise through the mic and in the background. I hesitated trying it again especially while being sick. But after the initial time it took for me to get grounded I really enjoyed it. I still had to pull myself out of mind and the noise a few times but was able to settle more easily than the previous time.

39. May 1, 2017 @ 8:16 pm hmast1

I had a little difficulty focusing tonight as my mind seemed to drift often to other things. As much as I attempted to acknowledge those thoughts and allow them to go, I never got into that deeply focused practice. One thing I did notice though was the phrase “notice how the breath fuels the radiance within you.” I think it’s such a great focal point when you need an extra boost of light and gratitude towards your own spirit.

40. May 3, 2017 @ 6:29 pm rbrudyk

This has been one of my favorite meditations thus far. I feel the guidance in this recording encapsulates exactly how I feel when I meditate. The “hum” Dr. Norris describes gets so loud in my head at times it’s as though my soul/energy is too large for my small body to handle and my entire being begins to shake as it tries to escape. The electricity pulses up and down my spine. With focus, I can move the vibration/electricity all the way to my toes.

“These shifts in consciousness do make us different” as we start to identify with our energy body rather than our physical body. Playing with the breath and focusing on the top right corner of my mind invites the light. The light descends and gently engulfs my whole being. Beautiful guidance Dr. Norris!

“Cure me, sir, of my malady, if you please, but not of my OM.”
    ~Krishnakishore

Warmest Regards,
    Brandon R.

41. May 4, 2017 @ 4:52 pm Brad Reed

This was an interesting meditation. I enjoyed the exploration of the ‘radiant energy’ coming from the earth. Sometimes it’s distracting for me as Deborah says many interesting things during the meditation and I want to pay attention to what she is saying! Again, to feel my own weight(gravity) is really quite the feeling and cultivating that awareness for it in my body is rewarding. I can’t help but feel gratitude towards my body for holding me in place against this force! I was able to effectively tune in to the sensations and feelings in my body as the meditation carried on and found myself feeling very light at the end. All in all a nice experience. The pauses she took while talking were a welcomed quiet.

42. May 31, 2017 @ 10:45 am early.katherine@gmail.com

I appreciated the focus on gravity pulling us down and not holding on with any part of the body. So often I find my body holding on, tensing, bearing burdens and it was such a relief to let myself sink into my bed. As I let go, I was able to let the radiance spread out. It brought joy and delight. I’ve enjoyed noticing the “hummm” inside from the radiance as I go throughout my day.

43. May 31, 2017 @ 10:48 am early.katherine@gmail.com

I woke up in the middle of the night to feed my baby and wasn’t able to go back to bed because I was fixated on the sensation of my arm itching due to poison ivy. I listened to this meditation and practiced breathing right into my arm, as Debbie said, “through the nostrils, through the throat, through the chest into the lungs and carried through the blood to your arms”. This helped me to get some distance / space from the itching so as to be non-reactive. I was able to feel it more as a tingle. I was able to focus more on the inner radiance coming from my core. I then fell into a deep sleep.

44. June 13, 2017 @ 1:44 pm AngieMack

Today’s practice really lifted my heart. I have had a rough week with family issues and finding my inner radiance with today’s practice is something I really enjoyed and will continue to do in my daily practice. I felt a weight lifted off my heart and could feel the healing of each of my breaths. Emotionally I feel more at ease and ready to face the everyday challenges with a more uplifted spirit.

At first I felt my mind was very busy, then about 15 minutes into today’s practice I felt clearer and quieter than usual, which was a nice pace to this week’s struggles.

The most significant memory was how light my heart felt after the practice and how much confidence I had afterwards to face another challenging day.

The phrase that had a significant impact was at the beginning when the conversation was occurring about finding your baseline and balance. Today, I really was able to bring myself back to my baseline and I hope that I can continue doing that throughout my practices.

45. June 23, 2017 @ 10:58 am Kathleen

A glowing sense of pride was cultivated during this meditation. I felt as if my body were extending upwards like a tree and the breath moved through me like sunlight coming through its leaves. I also found the excess noise in the background rather comforting. It reminded me that ease can be found at any time and in any situation.

46. July 9, 2017 @ 5:33 am knighl

The discussion at the beginning of this meditation really helped set tge tone for my practice. Finding your base and knowing how to get back to base eased me into my practice. Also the reiteration that life is never going to not bother you, gave me a reality check of sorts! During the meditation, I truly felt radiant. As if light were truly surrounding my entire being. There was also a point that I felt weightless and free as if every care that I sat down with, we’re suddenly gone!

47. July 21, 2017 @ 10:57 am Kathleen

I came to this meditation with the intention of expanding on a sense of joy I was feeling, but, interesting, as the meditation progressed, a different set of thoughts and feelings came up. My mind began to tap into some places where I was hurting and feeling sorrow, but these feelings weren’t devistating. Rather, it was comforting to give those emotions their space and acknowledge their existence. I was able to appreciate them as part of my life experience rather than a hinderance to it.

48. July 26, 2017 @ 1:47 pm sarah a

I feel like I have a sense of self that is almost without a physical self. I think of it as a radiance of by body – connected yet almost detached. The heart feels as if it is open wide and my stomach is not telling me anything good or bad. It just is.

While at the end of the meditation I felt almost disconnected from the body, during the meditation I was able to connect with the inner-workings of our bodies. I noticed that I felt grateful for the miracle that is my body’s ability to thrive – as if it is its own planet. (That sounds strange, I know!). We are here to experience – this exact moment…..
    This was and is a wonderful reminder to refocus attention on the now, whether seated in practice or walking down the street. Thank you for the beautiful guided experience.