Witnessing the Flow-46 Minutes

Debbie Norris

Debbie Norris

Dr. Norris is the Founder and President of The Mindfulness Center. She is the author of In the Flow: Passion, Purpose and the Power of Mindfulness. She is trained extensively in mind-body therapies, ranging from traditional medical and psychotherapeutic practices to holistic and integrative therapies and lifestyle practices. A health scientist with over 40 years of experience in research, clinical application and education, Dr. Norris brings meditation, yoga, hypnosis and other lifestyle wellness programs to the forefront of your health plan. She is also the Director of the Psychobiology of Healing Program at American University.

In her practice, Dr. Norris integrates lifestyle elements of meditation, physical exercise, spiritual development, relaxation therapy, energy work, imagery, nutrition and herbalism for maximal health and happiness! Working with you and your physicians, Dr. Norris and the team members of The Mindfulness Center can help you formulate an integrative approach to your health care.

'Witnessing the Flow-46 Minutes' has 45 comments

1. September 18, 2016 @ 3:34 pm David Chandler

I have listened to this Meditation several times now and love it each time. I go rather deep and my head drops over. This particular time I was also doing a protocol of ear acupuncture which is very powerfully relaxing and brings one into a dynamic sense of quiet. My ears are sensing an almost ringing sensation right now as a result. It is like I am hearing my own brain frequency at this moment. I happily turned around afterwards and found that my wife had left me a surprise on my desk of some chia cherry pudding. This was a treat all around. Thank you for this lovely experience. I found that I sat for some time after the vocal ended, almost like I was waiting for more.

2. October 23, 2016 @ 2:08 pm vstickler10

This meditation is so relaxing and it gives a great way of noticing our senses. We tend to overlook sensations when dealing with emotions good or bad. It was good to observe other distracting noises in the background which very much happens in my own practice. Nice knowing that sometimes quiet isn’t always “quiet” It gives part to being in the flow with things you cannot control. This session gave me the feeling of comfort and relaxation.

3. October 29, 2016 @ 7:43 pm vstickler10

I am replying to this from when I listened last night. This was my 2nd time listening. However, this time I was laying down. I felt so much more relaxed this way then if I were sitting up. I know I fell asleep and woke up a few times but I still was listening. Is this weird? After, I fell right to sleep. Debbie’s voice is so calming and her words just sink into me. I love it.

4. November 4, 2016 @ 3:10 pm vstickler10

Be the witness! I love that I can learn to be the witness to what is going on in my mind and body in the moment. You don’t have to judge or let your ego take over. Just let things happens. This session probably my favorite. It just is a feel good session with myself. I do notice a difference between a group session and when I do a personal session.

5. November 28, 2016 @ 5:26 pm lcverdi

I loved the concept of the energy in the room. Being a group fitness instructor, this really hit home for me. I love Debbie to pieces so I loved her voice about this meditation as well, of course. Initially is sounded a little clinical however she soon soothed my tension and was a s loving and kind as I know her to be. I love how Debbie’s words linger. As if she is giving me permission to think about them, and not having to have all the answers. When new people attend, I am glad to be reminded of my need to inquire with them,such as their senses. Not everything that resonates with me will resonate with them. Such a great reminders well. Thank you Debbie! Looking forward to many more sessions with you. xoxo

6. December 1, 2016 @ 1:08 pm vstickler10

Did this one again and each time it just relaxes me. Just being a witness to what is around me and in me is interesting, I like be informed about how my body works and what is working in the world so the info at the beginning of the session and other sessions are great!

7. December 11, 2016 @ 1:27 pm vstickler10

Since I could not sleep I thought it would be the perfect time to listen to a session. Again, this was so relaxing and informative. I was not in my meditation space. I was in bed but found comfort and peace in the bed and salt lamp. You can find calm in any place. Debbie’s voice is always soothing and I was able to get back to sleep in no time.

8. December 14, 2016 @ 3:31 pm Tanya

At the beginning of the meditation, the invitation to relax the brain, bring it into alignment was really nice. It’s the mind’s choice, our choice, to tighten or let go. The idea of being aware with curiosity is so soothing. Just the word ‘curious’ is very soothing to me. Energy is palpable, such a good thing to be aware of. Loved ‘It feels like my heart’s getting bigger,’ that the self feels the love first, and the idea that it’s okay to love the self. I don’t think we’re taught this enough, which is too bad because when we love ourselves, we can love others so much better. ‘The practice is to be the witness.’ So powerful. To notice the thoughts, sounds, time, emotions with curiosity is being in the flow. I find that I’m able to do this more and more during the day when I’m away from the meditation. That’s a nice feeling.

9. January 14, 2017 @ 2:18 pm Gunilla

I have listen to this guided meditation for 3 times. I am gathering building blocks for my own guidance. The level of the voice, the ambience in the space and bringing with me ‘witnessing the Flow’ – Just like that – Ahhh..

10. January 17, 2017 @ 3:57 pm Moira

This guided meditation helped me feel calm and grounded. It also gave me a sense of opening my heart, in fact I went so deep, at one point it felt like my breath was emanating from my heart. I love the ahhh moments and the ideas of melting into the experience.

11. January 22, 2017 @ 6:50 pm Gunilla

Today I had a wonderful experience listening to this meditation again. I am practicing being more open minded to words and sensations, feelings in the meditation. It is powerful and I hope to take this experience with me into the sessions I am guiding myself, and one day others, into.

12. February 9, 2017 @ 3:34 pm Marselis15

I normally meditate for about 20 minutes each day. Therefore I am actively working toward being able to mediate a little longer day by day. However, I did complete the entire audio and I felt a sense of relief and relaxation. I was able tap into my awareness of feeling that I need to control everything, feeling afraid of the ” what if’s”. What if I’m not there to control things; then life will fall apart. I began to feel a sense of ease and true openness as the tension in my stomach began to relax; I felt my heart open and love for my son. On the other spectrum the negative feelings I began to have was the tightness in my stomach, my emotions were based on fear and worry. After becoming aware of the underlying causes of my need to control things I then became able to make the decision to not make decisions based on fear. Significant memory ‘ gravity will catch us when we relax and let go’. Loving kindness to all…

13. February 11, 2017 @ 10:25 am margya

Today was a day I just couldn’t make myself comfortable so I took to heart Debbie’s comforting words – “sometimes you will notice a struggle” and “that’s why it’s called a practice”. Hearing was heightened so witnessed every sound in the background of the recording and in my office, “tuned in to the ever present white noise”. With Debbie’s encouraging words/voice/energy I was able to return to the breath and tune out the ever present white noise.

14. February 12, 2017 @ 9:17 am margya

Listened again in a zero gravity chair rather than sitting. The reminder of how to create your practice environment to support your practice helped me get comfortable quickly this time and I think within minutes I heard no words. This time the white noise was soothing not distracting. I came back to the room with “I love you mommy” “my heart is getting bigger”. Aware of words now but not my body – not heavy, not light but as though not there. Came back refreshed and wide awake.

15. February 13, 2017 @ 12:36 am Marselis15

On this day, I had a lot on my mind. Briefly, my mind was preoccupied with thoughts concerning my 25 year-old son. It was me dealing with my son and how allowing him to live his life without my influences or another way to put it ‘kicking him out of the nest.’ For me not having some control over him, is an uncomfortable place for me. Because it is not familiar. So, I was able to follow the audio and begin to relax. However ,was not able to let my emotions subside. I was very much in my head. Body sensations , included having a heavy heart. My breathing was not extended to fullness. Therefore , I had to let the guided meditation just be in the background and I began to focus on emotions.My emotions of sadness and a sense of loss was strong. I felt it in my heart, brains, stomach muscles. The more I became aware of the body sensations-and then other parts of my body I began to relax. Ultimately, my emotions began to shift and the emotions began to shrink. I was then able to rejoin the meditation. I was able to let go and enjoy peaceful awareness. The significant part of the audio for me was when I was able to be aware of my breath and it’s flow ;even to the brain. Being aware of my emotions , sitting in that moment a n d to naturally allow them to shift and shrink, allowed me to be able relax and let go.

16. February 20, 2017 @ 9:07 pm juliannelcsw

The gentle guide provided support for me to settle in and focus on my current experience vs. my expectations of today’s practice. And although my mind was unsettled with the gentle reminders to “explore” and “notice whatever there is” I was able to set the in and focus on the experience of breath in my body…and shifting to the awareness of physical sensations in my body…not my favorite today…and noticed I was judging thoughts about my experience…I found I could allow myself to let go of the judgments…the thoughts & see them as thoughts without the need to change it…

17. February 25, 2017 @ 1:42 am Amy Balentine

I had never considered how I might be aware of gravity and its impact on my experience. This meditation gave me new ways to notice and be with myself. I became more aware of the ways I open or close myself to others and experiences. I was struck by the imagery of a heart growing bigger when feeling loved. I will tune into that experience more when I’m with others.

18. March 1, 2017 @ 12:48 am Marselis15

Witnessing the Flow 2/26/17- I felt calm and at ease. I had sense of peace. My mind’s momentum was shifting into a deeper relaxation. As I relaxed with my breath my stomach and heart softened. Significant phrase ‘ find an area that you feel as if you are holding on; go there, arrive there with curiosity. Discover sensations and find out what is there.’ A significant experience is that I am more skillful in being aware of the shift in my body and mind. I feel as if this awareness is a skill that can help me deepen my practice.

19. March 3, 2017 @ 4:37 pm pjois

The “letting go” makes everything so simple and in a way, trivial too. There is a definite sense of being grounded, a sense of belonging, a reassurance. I could feel my heart expanding, filled with warmth and overspilling. And the stillness that followed, just bliss.

20. March 4, 2017 @ 1:18 pm knighl

As I sat down to listen to this meditation, I did not expect to get into the flow so easily but I must say it did not take long for me to surrender. I felt as though my physical body was swaying in the wind but there was no physical movement occurring at all. A sense of peace and tranquility came over my entire being. Complete and total alignment of my mind and body.

21. March 10, 2017 @ 12:25 am madoyle

This meditation supported a quiet awareness of my body, relaxing in a very ergonomically supportive chair (John’s chair). The late afternoon light fell upon the hardwood floors around me in a golden glow that mixed with my breath, so as I witnessed my own quiet breathing I could sense the golden light entering my lungs and returning to the room. When Debbie invited us to ‘bathe our minds’ with our breath, I had a ‘golden light’ feeling throughout my body.
    My awareness of my mind, my heart, and my body expanded and lingered beyond my ‘self’ (my body) in the chair, but my body also felt part of the expansion. I feel deeply relaxed.

22. March 10, 2017 @ 12:27 am madoyle

I have been keeping my journal entries in a folder with my course. I am just posting many of them. The one above was actually composed in the first week of November 2016.

MTT JOURNAL #2 DN WtF
    NAME: _Mary Ann Doyle___________________________________________
    DATE: ___Nov. 10, 2016__________________________________________
    TITLE OF PODCAST: _Witnessing the Flow with Debbie Norris_________________________________

1. What is there for you right now, while you have just completed the practice? How do you feel? What is it like? Be as physical as you can in your description, considering physical sensations in your body. What is the momentum like in your mind (head/brain)? How does your heart feel? Your stomach? You may also describe emotional state(s) that you are experiencing right now.

I have returned to Debbie’s “Witnessing the Flow” Guided Meditation. This time I set up the room with greater attention to some of the aesthetic qualities of my experience. So, I settled on a small quilt that was made for me by friends during a very difficult time at the place where we all worked together. I set my Buddha figure with a lit candle on its open, folded palms, and I chose a slightly scented candle, Savannah Holly. I spent a bit of time preparing for the session in body and mind, bringing my self to the session more calmly than the first time.
    I wanted to let go more of my own efferent response to the way Debbie says “bawdy.” I was distracted by my reaction to her pronunciation the first time I followed her in this “Witnessing the Flow.’ T
    These preparations helped but my mind found other ways to grasp at distraction. I could witness both the flow of the guided meditation and my own responses/reactions to different parts of the experience. I followed Debbie’s lead easily, and I could tell my body was relaxed with the way I had set up the room for my practice. Witnessing my own internal gauges led my mind to wander sometimes, and my mind wanted so much to offer no reaction to Debbie’s way of pronouncing ‘body.’ I noticed more this time about how Debbie’s lead was easy to follow. She spoke directly and when she did I was able to follow her lead. She directed: Unclasp your hands; Relax your jaw; Relax your tongue, your eyes, ears, and brain. Under her direction, my body followed and I witnessed that my jaw actually had been tight; my hands had been clasped.
    With less attention given to Debbie’s particular way of pronouncing certain words, I was able to be in the flow more and to witness the flow more.
    Following the breath, paying attention to the breath at the nostrils eased my experience so that I could follow Debbie’s encouragement to ‘Bathe the nostrils, the brain with a cool breath, making adjustments you never realized you could make.’ This was very powerful just at the point in the session where Debbie encouraged this kind of experience in the flow.

2. I found that my mind was:
    a. Generally active throughout my practice
    b. Sometimes busy and sometimes clear/quiet
    c. Quiet because I mostly or occasionally fell asleep
    d. All of the above
    e. Busier than usual
    f. Clearer/quieter than usual

3. Significant memories of my experiences during the practice: When Debbie guided me to allow myself to go deeper, deeper into the practice, I found my experience to do just that. Her description of allowing comfort to come into the body was so gently expressed but so very powerful in the experience. She encouraged me to allow my body’s sensations to arise from my physical body, and they did. I could feel my seated self supported by the chair; I could feel my arms relaxed on my mid-thighs, neither heavy nor light. I could sense light, neither bright now dim, from the space I had prepared around me. The space of the room around my body seemed filled with breath and a gentle light. I kept my eyes slightly opened and my face softened and when Debbie said to give my body (parts or whole) permission to let go, I felt my body relax even more into the space.

4. Phrases that I remember that had a significant impact on my practice (Include phrases affecting both any positive or negative experiences.) Debbie uses the phrase “physical body” and I like that. She doesn’t just say ‘your body’, she invites us to open our awareness to ‘gravity’ and to the sensation of ‘gravity’ in our physical body. Although it was a brief section of the meditation, it was very helpful for me to open my awareness to my body as a body within gravity; my body is in constant relationship with gravity, and to be aware of that is to grow my awareness of what it means to have a physical body and to be able to relate to my physical body’s experience of life.

5. Other comments. I related better to the description of the heart getting bigger this time. Bathing the body in cool breath, and bringing soft warm breath to soothe the head and heart-space gave me an experience of filling my chest with breath and feeling my chest and heart space expand noticeably.

23. March 11, 2017 @ 2:17 pm LauriRandall@yahoo.com

I feel sleepy and a little bit disoriented as I dozed off several times during the meditation. My mind feels quiet but is wondering if this is the best time of day for longer meditation sessions as I am often sleepy after work. My eyes feel heavy and there is a slight buzzing in my head from awaking a bit abruptly to a noise in the room. I am feeling slight frustration with myself for dozing although I know that the rest is what my body needed.
    I appreciate the reminder to think of myself as “the witness.”
    The idea of the breath bathing my mind clean of thought was a powerful visual for me. The breath is such a gentle but powerful tool in quieting the mind or, in this case, cleansing the mind of thought.
    I appreciated being made aware of the coolness of my breath as I inhale vs. its warmth as I exhale. This awareness was useful in shifting my attention back to the breath as it offered a focal point.

24. March 14, 2017 @ 8:31 pm hmast1

This is my second long practice of the day but it was very much needed. As I went through the practice I was aware of feeling some emotional turbulence that I needed to acknowledge and let go. Focusing on my heart and encouraging it to grow bigger with love for myself was exactly why I needed this. There were a few brief moments of gentle crying that released the emotions I was feeling but I now feel lighter in my heart. I’m once again grateful for the benefits of finding the flow.

25. March 15, 2017 @ 6:01 pm pjois

i began with an intention to be a witness. i watched the thoughts come and go as if they didn’t belong to me. They flitted through and sometimes i was amused at the thought. just once i started a conversation in my head, but became almost immediately aware of it. I let the thought go and continued to watch. Some thoughts were hazy and blurred and sometimes my mind was just free, a blank. that is when i became aware of that silence, of that quiet place. There is a longing to go back to that quiet place and i find that the thoughts disappear when i seek this silence.

26. March 16, 2017 @ 11:34 am Amy Balentine

I found the invitation to check into the parts of the body that needed to let go to be very helpful. I realized that I couldn’t open up the tightness in my scalp until I first loosened up my face and jaw. I didn’t realize how closed I was. The time flew by once I settled into an open awareness.

27. March 23, 2017 @ 2:31 pm Toni Needel

I am posting this from my notes from the first time that I listened to this meditation.
    2/20/17
    Do what works for you! Right off the bat I remembered this. I felt very good, at ease. No pressure.
    In my notes I wrote about her talking about feeling love. I wrote down that I had felt sad at that point because my son had recently died & “feeling love” was overwhelming to me.
    I have many notes about witnessing. VERY strong emotions during that part. I was very alert & paying attention to every word. I wanted to stop & take notes. It was hard to stay focused because I kept trying to remember what she had just said. a lot of information.
    At the end of the meditation I felt tired. there was much to process.

28. March 26, 2017 @ 6:38 am Tammy Neighbors

This was my first time listening to this meditation. I found that as I was able to relax my brain I seemed to notice other parts of my body more in-depth. I found that towards the end, I felt a part of the chair I was reclined in. I would think about my index finger, I knew it was there but it seemed to be embedded in the chair. I found the whole time of meditation to be extremely relaxing and enjoyable. As I write this I just noticed that my jaw and tongue are still in the state of relaxation.

29. March 26, 2017 @ 11:35 am stephl

I also found this meditation very relaxing. Though I usually sit up when meditating I listened to this one lying down and am pretty sure fell asleep a little bit at the end. The focus on exactly how and where the breath was flowing through the body really resonated with me. I especially liked the action phrase associated with the breath “bathing” various parts of the body. And there was a moment when I realized that my head was tense and was able to relax it when Debbie said “able to let go”. I hadn’t realized it until that point. I thought my whole body was relaxed but my brain was holding on to some work-related tension.

There were times when my mind was clearly busy but most of the time it was quiet. I enjoyed the moments of quiet during the meditation. The balance of guiding and leaving quiet space is great. The line “Your mind’s choice whether to tighten or let go.” was very helpful to me on this particular day because of a situation that’s presented where I would usually tighten and am using it as “practice” for choosing to let go. This was reinforced with the discussion about being a witness and deciding what you will or will not hold onto within you.

30. March 28, 2017 @ 10:08 pm sindyyogini1010

I loved this meditation. Dr. Norris has an amazing voice and way about her. The choice between either tightening or letting go is one we should consider moment to moment. The practice helps us cultivate the ability to see and act on the fact that we have a choice. Succumb to our conditioning and reactivity, or soften around our circumstances and find more compassion and acceptance.

31. March 29, 2017 @ 12:33 pm shannonstutz

M4 — WOW. I had a very intense experience. I look forward to trying this one again to see if I can detect what brought this out of me!
    I felt very sad with some losses that I am facing in my life, but I felt that I really got in touch with that pain and allowed it to flow. I think previously, I was holding the pain, and not really acknowledging the intense impact of the life events. I opened to surrender, to surrender to the flow of life and my breath. I experienced almost contractions or convulsions of pain and tears and as I sobbed with my eyes closed, my breath was so choppy and sticky. I almost stopped the meditation because it was intense, but I asked myself, can I just focus on this next breath? Can I see if I can smooth out the breath? And as I tried to accomplish this, I felt a strength in staying with the emotion. And the emotion passed. It came back several times and each time, I returned to my choppy breath and attempted to allow ease to soften it. I felt like I was in a Jeep that was on a smooth road and without any notice, would just go off road and feel so bumpy! My heart was definitely confused. My stomach was churning and hungry.
    The week after this meditation, I felt so much better about the situations I am facing. I felt stronger and more confident that although things can be hard, I will be ok and I CAN handle it. Absolutely one of the most profound meditation experiences of my life.

32. March 31, 2017 @ 4:40 pm Toni Needel

This is the second time listening to this meditation for me. Very good, very nice. I loved how she wants us to be comfortable. I had just gotten done walking my dog & when she was talking about being connected with the earth I felt very soft bathed in sunlight. She talked about flow a lot. I did feel much more with it than the first time that I did this meditation. I understand now. She talked about checking in on yourself & becoming aware of your awareness. I thought that that was nice. I was a good experience

33. April 1, 2017 @ 3:49 pm rbrudyk

I have listened to this meditation twice now. Although I find Dr. Norris’ voice (rhythm and tempo) to be very relaxing and almost hypnotic, I found the background noise to be extremely distracting. The barking dog, honking horns, and cell phones ringing seemed to bring me out of the relaxing state and depth I was hoping to achieve. In my current meditation practice, I use non-vocal music to drowned out a rather loud personal household.

Upon reflecting on why I felt this angst, I realized that I may be too rigid in my personal meditation practice to allow the real world to invade my sacred head space. This reminded me of the teachings of Eckhart Tolle (2004) “The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment.” In his book he discusses allowing sound to pass through you as if you are invisible and not being so rigid as to allow it to affect you.

During my second meditation attempt, I used a Yoga Nidra approach. As I lay comfortable on the floor I became an invisible witness to the distractions. Allowing the sound of the barking dog and the traffic of the busy intersection to pass through me as though I was a permeable membrane of energy. I found myself reaching the depths of relaxing I find with my current practice. Thank you Dr. Norris, for my lesson in rigidity and acceptance.

Brandon R.

34. April 4, 2017 @ 10:36 am early.katherine@gmail.com

I started the meditation after a long day of work and was feeling nauseated and dizzy. As I breathed deep into my abdomen, it created space and caused the nausea to dissipate. I didn’t realize how badly I needed to breathe! I really enjoyed Dr. Norris’ suggestion of being “conscious of my own consciousness”. It gave me space from my own thoughts.

35. April 6, 2017 @ 10:26 am sindyyogini1010

My second time listening to this meditation, I felt empowered. I liked how Dr. Norris explained that we can use our brains as we choose. I also really liked how she invited us to explore areas of tension in the body with a sense of curiosity and then to practice letting go. This is a lovely exploration of opening in the body and the mind.

36. April 8, 2017 @ 11:36 am Aliciaj80

I loved during the meditation talking about the sensation of gravity and the going down to relax and to truly relax, surrender and let go. It helped very much to picture and feel this and once I did I was able to really drop into the meditation and quiet my body and mind. Very, very nice. Thanks!

37. April 9, 2017 @ 11:23 am shannonstutz

M18 – I started thinking of my mind as a scared little being, so full of ego and dis-ease – my little mental patient roommate. I felt an extreme sense of nurturing towards my mind, almost coddling my mind, hand holding – as if “I”, the witness, were in control – placating my timid mind. Interesting that the description of love could evoke the feeling of love in my chest. I allowed my physical self to move about a times – it wasn’t distracting, but like a moving meditation.

38. April 13, 2017 @ 5:05 pm sindyyogini1010

I love the invitation to find our own practice, our own comfort in this meditation and in the practice in general. This is the 3rd time I listened to this meditation and I felt myself slip into a state of relaxation very quickly and I was able to stay there. Dr. Norris’s voice was soothing and it kind of went in and out of my awareness, even as I stayed present to what my body was feeling. I feel extremely relaxed and present and open.

39. April 15, 2017 @ 8:25 pm hmast1

I wasn’t really focused on anything specific during my practice. Immediately after there is the sensation like I’m seeing everything in me and around me from an outside position. I notice a few spots in my body that are uncomfortable but they don’t seem to bother me, they are just there. I also notice that there are no emotions that I can pinpoint right in these moments, things just are. Witnessing the flow both during my practice and now after is a very interesting place to be in.

40. April 23, 2017 @ 9:44 pm Stephlewis

I really liked the extended focus at the beginning of this meditation to the meditator’s comfort. This meditation really kept my attention. It was much about comfort and choice. The message to be conscious of what is going on in and around us and where we are basically operating on automatic rather than honoring our power of choice is very meaningful.

41. April 24, 2017 @ 10:44 am LauriRandall@yahoo.com

When I began my practice this morning after a sleepless night due to Austin’s allergies, I found that my body was tight and my heart was beating hard and quickly. I was aware of tension in my shoulders and neck from uncomfortable restless sleep. Throughout the meditation, my breathing deepened and my chest, shoulders and back loosened, My heartbeat grew slower and less pressured.
    I became aware of the sense of being at a crossroads of sorts. My daily life is split into several distinct areas and I have been feeling an inner pressure to choose a specific focus. That once I choose, I will feel settled and happy. During the practice I felt a sense of peace around the feeling of being able to just be. I felt a deeper sense of the Thich Nhat Hanh idea that “There is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way.”

42. April 27, 2017 @ 7:42 pm Luvabull81

I am on vacation and I wanted to take some time to listen to several meditations. This one was
    exactly what I needed. I felt that I was able to be fully engaged. I was sitting in a small pool and
    I was able to completely listen to my breath and take in the suggestions given. My head feels at
    peace, my heart rate is at a resting pace. My stomach no longer has that feeling of hunger and I
    am relaxed.
    My mind was clearer and quieter than usual. I remember that the instructions and suggestions
    put me at ease and out of a judgement state of mind.
    ͞The space if what remains constant. We have that space that brings us back͟ are phrases in the setup
    that stand out and gave me permission to fully commit to the listening.

43. May 3, 2017 @ 4:24 pm Brad Reed

It was interesting listening to this first recording. I have not listened to a guided meditation in a very long time so to hear Deborah’s voice constantly was distracting and mildly irritating for me. This didn’t last long as I was able to observe her voice economist Lee and without judgment and was able to tune in to the sensations of my body in particular that of my heart and chest which was racing, anxious and tight. Through Vipassana I have a good intuition to the sensations of my body and the way the energy moves but it is interesting hearing Deborah direct my line of thinking when thoughts would. I would have to say my mind it was busier than usual during this practice as I was attempting to reach a state of flow despite the constant interruptions through the guide. One thing that really stood out for me was when she described the feeling of gravity and how gravity affects our bodies. In all honesty in all the years I’ve been practising I have never once thought to feel what gravity does to my body. This was a very interesting experience that I’m thankful to have had it. I’m always humbled by new practice and always learning more about my mind and body through meditation..

44. May 30, 2017 @ 1:23 pm AngieMack

MEDITATION TEACHER TRAINING
    JOURNAL ENTRY FORM
    NAME: __Angie McMillen__________________________________________
    DATE: ___5/30/2017__________________________________________
    TITLE OF PODCAST: ______Witnessing the Flow____________________________

After finishing “Witnessing the flow” I feel a lot of the tension has left my body and I feel more at ease with starting my day. My mind feels clearer and I feel that the challenges I have today are not overwhelming my thoughts, I feel like I can walk through today with a clearer mind. The momentum in my mind is clear, and motivated. My heart feels lighter and more open, and my stomach is not in knots. The emotional state I am feeling is really a sense of ease and lightness.

2. I found that my mind was:
    a. Generally active throughout my practice
    b. Sometimes busy and sometimes clear/quiet
    c. Quiet because I mostly or occasionally fell asleep
    d. All of the above
    e. Busier than usual
    f. Clearer/quieter than usual
    g. Other (Describe) _______________________________________________________________

3. Significant memories of my experiences during the practice:
    I felt like at one point crying at the beginning because I have been extra stressed this last week, but after taking some deep breaths and grounding myself in my meditation environment, I felt lifted as each breath and each peaceful sound in my meditation area took over those thoughts and I was able to let go.

I cannot remember a specific phrase(s), but the parts of letting go and opening up to each breath really had a significant impact today.
    5. Other comments.
    This meditation practice was the first one I have done for this training, and if the rest are like this, I am really looking forward to the positive feelings I had afterwards.